03 Sahara Metalcloak build

Did they get those vibes worked out? If not I think we should solve it. We could check the pinion angle.

While you're at it, solve @bobthetj03's vibes too :D

We're all anxiously anticipating that one.
That ongoing saga is epic. I think a re-gear would solve it. Maybe he'll get the gear patterns out to Rob soon, so we can get a report back on that.

Reactions: Chris
That ongoing saga is epic. I think a re-gear would solve it. Maybe he'll get the gear patterns out to Rob soon, so we can get a report back on that.

Already did that. Pinion depth is a bit too deep for his liking, but that is the rear diff, not the front, so unless the rear diff is transfering vibes only when the front drive shaft is in, then I'm still clueless to the cause.

Reactions: JMT
Did they get those vibes worked out? If not I think we should solve it. We could check the pinion angle.
No, the vibes are still there. Slightly worse now! The good thing (not really sure its good) is that I dont drive fast enough to get the vibes on a daily basis.

It's funny you mention this, I was actually going to see if you could help out with this one. Keith at JJ stays pretty busy. I have to make an appt everytime to get into the shop.

Reactions: JMT
No, the vibes are still there. Slightly worse now! The good thing (not really sure its good) is that I dont drive fast enough to get the vibes on a daily basis.

It's funny you mention this, I was actually going to see if you could help out with this one. Keith at JJ stays pretty busy. I have to make an appt everytime to get into the shop.
@b0xcar would you want to bring it by @JMT s place while we are installing my lift Friday ? Of course clear it with jmt but we're predicting 1/2 day to install my lift so maybe we could all look at yours, try a thing or two, take measurements, etc... :)

Reactions: KCNoDots and JMT

Sounds good. Let’s work out a time

Reactions: b0xcar and KCsTJ
Glad I came across this thread. I’m looking at buying that exact rear bumper and their full 6” Overline fender setup with rock rails and corner guards.

Reactions: b0xcar
The bumper has been solid so far. I'm very pleased with it.

When are you going to get the overlines? I'm looking to do the same down the road but can't decide between the 4" and 6".

Within the next year to year and a half. I’m going to replace the soft top and control arms first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: b0xcar
After the trails this past weekend, I decided to get underneath the Jeep to check things out. Everything was good except my rear shock relocation bracket. Unfortunately, I dont have the before picture. I forgot to take the picture before I decided to start working on it.

I clipped a rock on the bottom and it basically pushed the bracket upwards.

20181105_103756.jpg
20181105_103742.jpg

It broke on both sides of bracket here.

20181105_102843.jpg
20181105_102426.jpg

Called MetalCloak and talked with Eric over the phone Monday. He just needed a few pictures and said he would take care of me. Received a tracking number today on the new brackets.

Screenshot_20181109-200133_Chrome.jpg

The new ones look like a better design.

The new brackets arrived yesterday. I just replaced the broken shock mount today. I plan on changing the other side on Monday.

Here are the new and old shock brackets.
GOPR0472.JPG

The new bracket is a much better design! The old bracket seems to be ok for light off road use. It obviously wont hold up in the rocks.

Got the new one mounted up and began to drill out my second hole.
GOPR0473.JPG

It got a little dark for the finished pictures. Will get some more on Monday when I finished the other side. Everything is mounted back up and ready for tomorrows wheeling trip.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Adms01TJ
Replaced the valve cover gasket today. The leak was getting bigger so I figured it was time to go for it.

I got all the bolts out with no issues, even the tricky bolt in the rear. The harness in the rear was a different story. I felt like I wanted to break that thing to pieces and get rid of it! After fighting with that bad boy and a bunch of wiggling back and fourth of the cover, I finally got it off.

GOPR0579.JPG

The old gasket was torn. I'm hopeful this is the only oil leak I had.
GOPR0580.JPG

Got everything seperated and ready for cleaning.
GOPR0581.JPG

Cleaned up the valve cover the best I could. Almost clean enough to eat off of.
20181215_220110.jpg

Put the new gasket cover on after some more cleaning. The rear area on this particular job is a real bear! I think I got it cleaned good enough though.
GOPR0583.JPG

The cover went back on fairly easy.
GOPR0585.JPG

Hoping this is the only oil leak I have.

FYI, I hate that rear wiring harness as well. I need to come up with a way to redo it so that it's not such a pain in the ass, haha.