I do get the occasional hard shift (not my daily driver). However, lately I'm getting these trans.codes - P0562 (low voltage) & 740 (torque converter). Could this be PCM related too, or an actual trans.issue?

So, when shopping for a new to me TJ of the years 05 and 06, the easiest “fix” would be to just by a stick shift?
The PCM is just not an issue of any longer with half a dozen companies reprograming good reliable used PCM's. My sources tell me these replacement PCM's are not from TJ's and the source of used ones is limitless.

In fact if you find a 05/06 TJ/LJ that needs a PCM you might get a deal.

The PCM is just not an issue of any longer with half a dozen companies reprograming good reliable used PCM's. My sources tell me these replacement PCM's are not from TJ's and the source of used ones is limitless.

In fact if you find a 05/06 TJ/LJ that needs a PCM you might get a deal.

I’m sure glad I did not follow the advice of many who said ‘05-‘06 automatics should be dumped as quick as possible, even parted out.

Mark,
I sent you an email to the yahoo address.
Is that a valid email address for you?

Who here said that?

Almost every thread I read about someone considering purchasing an ‘05-‘06 automatic gets responses that say to run away because of the PCM issue. And if you look at all the threads on this subject on this forum and the other Jeep forums, there were many posts suggesting these are nothing more than “lawn ornaments” and should be dumped on unknowing buyers. And, I will admit that at the height of my frustration over the PCM issues I was having, I responded to a few threads with advice to avoid the ‘05-‘06 automatics (but I never suggested that anyone part one out). I remember jumping on one guy’s case because he was suggesting that opportunistic buyers take advantage of ‘05-‘06 auto owners and offer to buy them out with low ball offers. I took offense at one Jeeper encouraging other Jeepers to kick us when we were down.

I’ve seen a lot of suggestions on all the sites where it’s mentioned to avoid ‘05-‘06’s as well. Can’t think of anyone specific that said that but I remember seeing them.

Reactions: L J and Rcroane
Got mine Tuesday and installed Wednesday. My Jeep is an 05 LJR manual, one owner Jeep (wife and I). It would not run more than 5 minutes, died, bucked, threw random codes, gauges would come and go. Had factory pcm rebuilt twice by A1 Cardone through NAPA, did not fix problem. Head engineer at A1 Cardone said " not repairable".
The PCM I got from Mark fixed the problem! I got my Jeep back! Many thanks Mark.

Got mine Tuesday and installed Wednesday. My Jeep is an 05 LJR manual, one owner Jeep (wife and I). It would not run more than 5 minutes, died, bucked, threw random codes, gauges would come and go. Had factory pcm rebuilt twice by A1 Cardone through NAPA, did not fix problem. Head engineer at A1 Cardone said " not repairable".
The PCM I got from Mark fixed the problem! I got my Jeep back! Many thanks Mark.

Good morning and thank you for your post! I’m glad to hear the good news! 💪🏻✅

I haven’t yet installed my Wrangler Fix PCM...my FSEG re-manufactured one is still performing well (it’s my third re-manufactured PCM). But, I did receive a refund from Chrysler yesterday for $1,636 for the first re-manufactured unit that I bought from a dealer almost a year ago (failed after 900 miles). I think I’m going wheel shopping!

Last edited:
Forgive me if I’m the wrong area but I searched one of my codes and this thread had several hits.

06 LJR with NSG370
P0463
P0032
P0038
P0052
P0058

Never died, no long starts, no stalling, no bucking.

CEL only on in summer. No difference in MPG regardless of CEL on or off. Fuel gauge has died twice, once last summer and once this summer. Can not clear codes.

Am I also in need of a new PCM?