No, The manuals have their issues as well.

The best fix is when your oem part goes, do not replace it with an oem part. They’re not repairable. If our pcm fails, we can repair it whereas the oem part is DOA.

Thanks,

Mark

The PCM is just not an issue of any longer with half a dozen companies reprograming good reliable used PCM's. My sources tell me these replacement PCM's are not from TJ's and the source of used ones is limitless.

In fact if you find a 05/06 TJ/LJ that needs a PCM you might get a deal.

Truer words have never been written...

I love the '05/'06 PCM — that's how we came to own our LJR. It was throwing CEL codes that the PO must have chased to the grave. Eventually gave up and traded it in on a new Wrangler. We scored a great deal from the Jeep dealership because of the "known issues," but then through complete stroke of luck they said they could not release the vehicle to us until it passed inspection, and in the county we purchased it in the CEL meant it wouldn't pass. So we waited them out, and let them replace parts until they eventually threw their hands up and bought the PCM.

Bought a 2oo5 last year...had a po700 code been having a trans issue either way I'm buying one as to not have to worry about this issue. The 05 06 is a pretty great jeep and when I saw no one could get a pcm I was a bit mad at myself for not seeing the issue but now I'm so happy to see a answer.
Yep this is my first post. I've spent numerous hours luking and rebuilding my red 05 and today I'm ordering ..Mark you still just a $25 discount for forum members?

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Another satisfied customer. 1 month and about 200 mi and all is good. I've hauled countless loads of tree limbs so there is more hrs than miles.

What kind of issues have been seen on the manual PCM? I know the autos have the shifting problem but wouldn’t know what to watch for on the manual.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
What kind of issues have been seen on the manual PCM? I know the autos have the shifting problem but wouldn’t know what to watch for on the manual.

Hey Rasband,

The main issues with the manuals are low RPMs at idle, stalling at idle and flat out dying in some cases.

Reactions: rasband

My manual's computer had all four O2 heater control circuit failures at the same time P0031, P0037, P0051, P0057. No drivability issues but i couldn't get the Jeep SMOG tested and registered. From what I recall the drivers in the computer shit the bed and cannot be repaired. I don't know if this is common among manual 05-06 TJs (I doubt it) or a fluke specific to my LJ.

My manual's computer had all four O2 heater control circuit failures at the same time P0031, P0037, P0051, P0057. No drivability issues but i couldn't get the Jeep SMOG tested and registered. From what I recall the drivers in the computer shit the bed and cannot be repaired. I don't know if this is common among manual 05-06 TJs (I doubt it) or a fluke specific to my LJ.

I'm working through some stalling issues now, but trying to diagnose rather than guess as to the issue to not spend too much on unnecessary parts. It doesn't sound like mine overlaps beyond the intermittent stalling.

Reactions: Wranglerfix and L J
I'm working through some stalling issues now, but trying to diagnose rather than guess as to the issue to not spend too much on unnecessary parts. It doesn't sound like mine overlaps beyond the intermittent stalling.

Yeah, I made the mistake of firing a volley out of the parts cannon (4 NTK O2 sensors) trying to get it SMOG tested and registered. I was fortunate to get the help of a retired factory mechanic who diagnosed the failed computer using his DRB.

Our pcm

The oem pcm will throw bad 02 codes when they’re good. I guarantee our pcm will pass smog in every state!

Reactions: L J
Yeah, I made the mistake of firing a volley out of the parts cannon (4 NTK O2 sensors) trying to get it SMOG tested and registered. I was fortunate to get the help of a retired factory mechanic who diagnosed the failed computer using his DRB.

I threw new O2s in mine as well, but that was one flippant error and the ones I pulled looked close to original. To avoid derailing the thread too much, I am trying to diagnose here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/intermittent-stalling-help.26320/