If you can, please show a video in day time and night time. Would be good to see what you are seeing because I have a hard time understand how these lights aren't bright enough.

I'll refrain my comments on the unnecessary bit in your earlier reply. You already know which bit it is.

I’m just hoping I can still get these lights when the time comes. 😀

Reactions: PNW_LJ
I'll refrain my comments on the unnecessary bit in your earlier reply. You already know which bit it is.

And yet you still commented.

If you can, please show a video in day time and night time. Would be good to see what you are seeing because I have a hard time understand how these lights aren't bright enough.

I’ve sent Blaine a couple videos. In the unlikely scenario they’re faulty, I’m confident he’ll make it right. If it’s user error, I’m also confident he’ll help me solve it.

And yet you still commented.

Had to be done and I could have easily replied with perhaps 5 different things to make the same point, but I didn't.

It doesn't directly translate well in English, but back home, there is a perfect way to explain the results of continuing in a conversation while you feel that momentary spark of negative emotion (anger or disappointment or whatever it is). They say, what happens if you still reply with a mouth full of water? That's right, first, you can't say anything lucidly and second, you'll have a mess to clean up. So pause to drink that water, expunge that momentary spark and express yourself with class and clarity. Snark and sarcasm are all fun till it isn't and it's very easy to cross that line, just remember that for next time.

I’ve sent Blaine a couple videos. In the unlikely scenario they’re faulty, I’m confident he’ll make it right. If it’s user error, I’m also confident he’ll help me solve it.

Glad to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ocho and rasband
Had to be done and I could have easily replied with perhaps 5 different things to make the same point, but I didn't.

It doesn't directly translate well in English, but back home, there is a perfect way to explain the results of continuing in a conversation while you feel that momentary spark of negative emotion (anger or disappointment or whatever it is). They say, what happens if you still reply with a mouth full of water? That's right, first, you can't say anything lucidly and second, you'll have a mess to clean up. So pause to drink that water, expunge that momentary spark and express yourself with class and clarity. Snark and sarcasm are all fun till it isn't and it's very easy to cross that line, just remember that for next time.

You really should stop being such a suck up. Blaine’s a grown-ass man, he can stand for himself.

I have absolutely no ill intent towards him (or anyone here for that matter). If the words of a punk like myself hurt his feelings, he wouldn’t have survived the forums for as long as he has.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Mike_H
You really should stop being such a suck up. Blaine’s a grown-ass man, he can stand for himself.

I have absolutely no ill intent towards him (or anyone here for that matter). If the words of a punk like myself hurt his feelings, he wouldn’t have survived the forums for as long as he has.

LOL @ suck up. If that's your interpretation .. it's very silly.

I'll stop derailing JMT's trans swap adventure though.

Reactions: Irun and Ocho
Buy em now, I have a garage full of stuff I'm going to install "one day"
Dooo it. They’re not expensive, and the only plug n play option.

I need to get my harnesses delivered so I see if they have the original connectors. I’ll also be checking the rear for connectors so I can get a new set of the AL Billet rear tailights. Just a matter of time. I may need some more things. Hopefully it will all be there and I can order it all at once. My projects involved with the transmission swap are legion. It will be good to fix several things that I haven’t gotten too, but this is a good opportunity because I’ll be there anyway.

Thanks to @Mike_H for sending me these small parts for the shift interlock cable behind the ignition. 🙂

IMG_2165.jpeg

Got the harness all laid out.

Several connectors missing, one is not OEM. At least the transmission connectors are there.

What I’m confused about is the 2005 FSM lists C3 as Black/Natural, but mine is Black/White.

IMG_2244.jpeg

It looks like these go to the dash harness, but with no OD connector I still need that harness. 🙄 The description of the item sounded like it included that.

IMG_2245.jpeg

All laid out and identified some stuff.

IMG_2241.jpeg

Got the harness all laid out.

Several connectors missing, one is not OEM. At least the transmission connectors are there.

What I’m confused about is the 2005 FSM lists C3 as Black/Natural, but mine is Black/White.

View attachment 482419
It looks like these go to the dash harness, but with no OD connector I still need that harness. 🙄 The description of the item sounded like it included that.

View attachment 482425

All laid out and identified some stuff.

View attachment 482427

Good luck. I did find a couple errors in the FSM in my project, with the differences between an 03 and an 04. What helped me think through those and figure them out was downloading the preceding and next year’s service manual and looking at the same connector in those manuals.

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll be asking for your insight.

For now identify the connectors I’m missing and get new loom and tape to fix everything that needs fixing.

A very helpful thing to do is label both ends of each connector on your existing harnesses as you unplug them. Then lay those harnesses next to the new ones and label those connectors using your code. The labels can be the device name or a number/letter/animal code. Anything that helps you quickly identify and match up each end of the connectors.

Pictures of the out of reach areas or odd routing will help by creating a check list. I lost track of one of the connectors in the engine bay and couldn't find it for a long time until I called Blaine, described the connector and what area it belonged to. It ended up being for the AC compressor which was out of sight and difficult to reach.

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll be asking for your insight.

For now identify the connectors I’m missing and get new loom and tape to fix everything that needs fixing.

It will help if you can find a copy of your TJ year's wiring manual in book form. Or atleast print it. The book is nicer to use than stapled printouts. PDFs kinda suck for this type of stuff.

I got the entire set of books on ebay a few years ago for not too much.

• Love
Reactions: Rickyd and Ocho
Jeremy, glad to see you diving into this. I haven’t forgotten about the parts I’m going to send you. Life has just been so crazy busy.

Reactions: Wildman