I could do it that way. The way I was thinking of doing it is cut the frame fore of the midarm brackets and that way I can just move everything back . Then cut the same amount off the back of the frame. Then everything would still be in it’s relative position.

I believe Blaine recommends the frame cut being in the middle of the mid arm mount.

Reactions: Sj's TJ and JMT
Yes, you could do it that way and then you have the experience of what it's like at 94" and then 100" or whatever length you decide to go for.
As has been talked about before the nice thing about doing the stretch with the midarm at the same time then the rear brackets do cover one joint.
And yes, what you are saying is what I did. I moved my arch back 4.5" and I cut that amount off my rear frame and then welded the crossmember back on. I moved my rear axle back approx 5".

That’s a good point about the midarm bracket covering the frame joint. 🙂

In a perfect world, the stretch happens first and the midarm mount goes over the frame cut. But you can still stretch afterwards. You cut just into the front of the midarm bracket. This is because the midarm bracket should be pushed all the way up to the bend in the frame. So you cut barely into the midarm bracket so you are cutting straight frame and then slide it all back. Things to be aware of are that any stretch over 4.5-5” and you won’t be able to keep a tank under the rig. The outboard shock tower starts to interfere with the tank fillers. Also be aware that depending on where your upper link mounts end and where the crossmember lands in the arch, you may end up needing to fab a new crossmember to replace the old shock/gas tank crossmember. You will also need to fab a new torque box in the rear and make new body mounts for a stretch greater than 5” due to the frame arch getting pushed back into the existing torque box.

Last edited:
I bought the Mamba MRX1 wheels with 4.5” BS back in Sunmer. The scrub radius is way better and I t drives really well, but it’s digging into the SwayLoc too much when I go off-road. Now I’m trying to get less BS. Titan sells some 3/8” and 1/4” wheel spacers. You need to be able to get at least 6 full turns of the lug nuts to be safe. I put some washers 3/8” thick (0.38”) on the studs and could only get 3 turns. I could buy longer studs, but don’t want to, not only because of the extra cost ($80), but also because these are not lifetime wheels. I’ll probably sell them soon. 1/4” of washers did work. I got a full 6 turns
9A58C13A-6ABA-41BE-8E9D-493488853FE2.jpeg

E3C0D739-6BEA-41A3-ACC7-9082ACCA77FD.jpeg

I’m glad about that. I’ll order them soon. I also added a couple of washers on the turn stops and I’m hoping the two combined will solve the bad rubbing on the SwayLoc. I don’t mind some rubbing.

Reactions: Apparition
I bought the Mamba MRX1 wheels with 4.5” BS back in Sunmer. The scrub radius is way better and I t drives really well, but it’s digging into the SwayLoc too much when I go off-road. Now I’m trying to get less BS. Titan sells some 3/8” and 1/4” wheel spacers. You need to be able to get at least 6 full turns of the lug nuts to be safe. I put some washers 3/8” thick (0.38”) on the studs and could only get 3 turns. I could buy longer studs, but don’t want to, not only because of the extra cost ($80), but also because these are not lifetime wheels. I’ll probably sell them soon. 1/4” of washers did work. I got a full 6 turns
View attachment 377439

View attachment 377438
I’m glad about that. I’ll order them soon. I also added a couple of washers on the turn stops and I’m hoping the two combined will solve the bad rubbing on the SwayLoc. I don’t mind some rubbing.

Look up extended thread lug nuts

Look up extended thread lug nuts

Yep, I bought these 2-1/2 years ago. They were relatively cheap, and I was surprised they haven't rusted, but as of now, not a single one has any rust that I can see. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9LGP4Y/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I got a 24-piece set but it says those aren't available right now though. They fit through the holes in the Pro Comp wheels I have on the jeep right now, but out of curiosity, I took an extra one and checked them on the Ravines that came on my Jeep and they wouldn't fit through the openings.

1668730933214.png

Reactions: JMT and rasband
I know exactly where they are

I can't keep track anymore. All my jeep stuff has been in boxes since mid summer and everything feels upside down. (The joys of moving).

But, it's good to know they're in good hands and I won't go crazy looking for them in the future.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Enlighten me! 😉

haha, that was an old draft the forum apparently auto added since it wasn't in my input box. But with the midarm, it's a lot of money to solve problems you aren't seeing on your rig. Stretch too. But Garrett shared the main considerations and order that is "ideal".

The gif is from a great show, south park, and the member berries (for anyone that doesn't regular that great bit of satire).

Reactions: JMT
haha, that was an old draft the forum apparently auto added since it wasn't in my input box. But with the midarm, it's a lot of money to solve problems you aren't seeing on your rig. Stretch too. But Garrett shared the main considerations and order that is "ideal".

The gif is from a great show, south park, and the member berries (for anyone that doesn't regular that great bit of satire).

Yeah, I’m not seeing the problems. Doing the midarm, stretch, outboard would be an exercise in just doing it. For me it’s purely a hobby at this point. I like learning and I like doing. If I don’t have something like this to do it will just be something else. If I don’t have an outlet at all, that is not a good situation for anyone in my life.

Edit: Money’s money, can’t take it with you. I enjoy spending some.

P.s. I remember South Park and that it was full of satire, I just never watched TV. Still don’t. My cousin was a big fan.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m not seeing the problems. Doing the midarm, stretch, outboard would be an exercise in just doing it. For me it’s purely a hobby at this point. I like learning and I like doing. If I don’t have something like this to do it will just be something else. If I don’t have an outlet at all, that is not a good situation for anyone in my life.

Well said, @JMT. I build things which I could easily buy, and I build things that require much more effort input than the value received (facts very evident in my build thread). I enjoy doing it, and challenging myself, and there is no better reasoning. You do you.