I didn’t realize wrangler fix did tunes. Of it makes sense. Why did you pick that over say Flyin’ Ryan?

I picked WranglerFix mainly because I bought his auto PCM when I did the transmission swap in February. Plus, he’s more involved in the forum and attentive to his customer base. But hey, Flyin Ryan could be just as good or better as well as Jezza or others. 🙂

If you use 1/8" flat bar to weld across the V bar, then I have the small 5mm flange head screws for the mounting bosses. After that, I have the -6 AN to 22mm ORB adapters, -6 AN fittings in pushlock to get to the transmission rubber line and then the good one is the special stainless steel bent tube fitting that gets the lower port on the right side out of the grill which while not impossible is painful to accomplish otherwise.

Blaine, what are the specs for the 5mm flange bolts I need to bolt the Setrab cooler to the 1/8” flat bar so I don’t pierce the cooler?

Blaine, what are the specs for the 5mm flange bolts I need to bolt the Setrab cooler to the 1/8” flat bar so I don’t pierce the cooler?

Long enough to get full thread in the bosses, short enough to not go through the core.

Do you have a flare bolt that holds on the stock flares? Thread that in until it stops, measure how long that is, add slightly less than 1/8" to it plus or minus a washer, there's your length. Or I can send you some.

Reactions: JMT
Long enough to get full thread in the bosses, short enough to not go through the core.

Do you have a flare bolt that holds on the stock flares? Thread that in until it stops, measure how long that is, add slightly less than 1/8" to it plus or minus a washer, there's your length. Or I can send you some.

Your first sentence makes me laugh. 🤣

You’re right. I was just having a rough day and wanting a quick answer. I think I do have some stock flare bolts, and that piece of info is most helpful. I’ll dig through the attic and find them and measure. The threads look fairly shallow.

Another daughter is in driving school. When I put my trail doors on with no mirrors I was put on notice. I saw some great little mirrors on a recent thread. I wish I could remember where so I could give credit where credit is due. These little gems were just $18, with enough mystery to make them fun to install. They’ll make me legal and they’re so low key I really like them. They are convex and I can see a couple hundred feet back. Won’t stop me from head checking. Can swap hard doors on without removing them. Attach to my grab bars. 🙂

IMG_3515.jpeg

IMG_3516.jpeg

IMG_3518.jpeg

Last edited:
Another daughter is in driving school. When I put my trail doors in with no mirrors I was put on notice. I saw some great little mirrors on a recent thread. I wish I could remember where do I could give credit where credit is due. These little gems were just $18, with enough mystery to make them fun to install. They’ll make me legal and they’re so low key I really like them. They are convex and I can see a couple hundred feet back. Won’t stop me from head checking. Can swap hard doors on without removing them. Attach to my grab bars. 🙂

View attachment 528054

View attachment 528055

View attachment 528056

I need

My wife has been driving a 2014 GMC Yukon SLT for nine years. It’s a tank and has been good for us. It hauled all seven of us on lots of adventures. Now my daughter is getting married and my two sons are mostly on their own. No more trips for all of us in the same rig, so we decided to downsize.

We’re making a day trip Tuesday to look at a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L Hemi. This thing looks nice and will do everything we need. If anyone has any thoughts on the Hemi or things to look for when I check it out I’d appreciate it. Private seller.

My wife has been driving a 2014 GMC Yukon SLT for nine years. It’s a tank and has been good for us. It hauled all seven of us on lots of adventures. Now my daughter is getting married and my two sons are mostly on their own. No more trips for all of us in the same rig, so we decided to downsize.

We’re making a day trip Tuesday to look at a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L Hemi. This thing looks nice and will do everything we need. If anyone has any thoughts on the Hemi or things to look for when I check it out I’d appreciate it. Private seller.

We picked up a 2020 GC Limited in Dec 2021. It's been a great family car. Just the right size - but a little tight compared to the 2016 Traverse that we also have. Should be the right size for what you're describing.

Since it's the 3.6L 6cyl, I can't comment on the Hemi. We did make sure to get all the add-on features available in 2020. One feature I wasn't really paying attention to having is adaptive cruise control. Now that I've figured it out, I use it all the time, especially in stop & go traffic. It's great - so hopefully that OVerland has it. Wife really likes the auto-park feature, especially for parallel parking.

We picked up a 2020 GC Limited in Dec 2021. It's been a great family car. Just the right size - but a little tight compared to the 2016 Traverse that we also have. Should be the right size for what you're describing.

Since it's the 3.6L 6cyl, I can't comment on the Hemi. We did make sure to get all the add-on features available in 2020. One feature I wasn't really paying attention to having is adaptive cruise control. Now that I've figured it out, I use it all the time, especially in stop & go traffic. It's great - so hopefully that OVerland has it. Wife really likes the auto-park feature, especially for parallel parking.

I drove a rented Camry with the adaptive CC once in St Louis. It kinda drove me crazy, but iirc I adapted to it. The thing I didn’t like was when I would inch up on a car on the highway and it would slow down to keep safe distance and then 5 minutes later I’d realize I was going 65 rather than 70. Argh! Thanks for the feedback. 🙂

I drove a rented Camry with the adaptive CC once in St Louis. It kinda drove me crazy, but iirc I adapted to it. The thing I didn’t like was when I would inch up on a car on the highway and it would slow down to keep safe distance and then 5 minutes later I’d realize I was going 65 rather than 70. Argh! Thanks for the feedback. 🙂

Adaptive cruise is pretty nice depending on how they implemented it into the vehicle. You have to adapt to how it works such as change lanes earlier than you normally would.

Turns out this GC Overland has both Adaptive Cruise Control and the Park Assist. My wife is loving this thing. Her fav thing is stomping on the gas. I see tickets in her future!

I need some help.

I am working on installing the Setrab transmission cooler. I need to cut the transmission line to the radiator somewhere so I can slide some 3/8” ID tube on it. I have two options; the hard steel line and the crimped section. I don’t know what’s under the crimped section if I cut the braided line off because I don’t know how the braided line is attached to the stainless line. I do know that there is very little underneath it. Maybe 5/8” because I called “lines to go” and they explained what was there.

Stainless line:

IMG_3643.jpeg

I’m using Oetiker clamps. The stainless steel line is 3/8” OD and the tubing is 3/8” ID. Will two Oetiker clamps hold it secure on that stainless line?

Cutting away the Crimped section below and removing the braided line is my other option:
IMG_3644.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lBasket
Finally worked up the motivation to start installing the Setrab transmission cooler. Blaine sent me some small parts awhile back. Super nice parts. I just got tired of working on the Jeep after the transmission swap, but I’m ready now. I’m mounting it to the V-Bar behind the grill. Tolerances are tight so I drew it out on a 3M sticky note and made the two strips of 1 1/4” wide x 1/8” thick steel brackets. Drilled the holes where they needed to be for the bosses. It fits well without touching the V-Bar or the back of the grill.

Laid down a few beads to warm up. It’s been awhile.

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_3621.jpeg
IMG_3626.jpeg
IMG_3627.jpeg
IMG_3628.jpeg
IMG_3629.jpeg
IMG_3637.jpeg
IMG_3638.jpeg
IMG_3639.jpeg

Fresh paint:
IMG_3647.jpeg