JMT - you didn’t mention the third approach where you mash the throttle and hang on for dear life…

Edit: That may just be me….🙃

Great vids - thanks for posting.
You crazier than me, and when you mash the pedal something happens. I’m still running the 4.slow!

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
I was honored to receive something very special today from an Army Buddy stationed in Guantanamo Bay. A Certificate and the American 🇺🇸 that flew over their base on 9/11/2021, 20 year commemoration. It came with a very nice letter from one type of warrior to another. We’re in this together. In memory of those who fell, fought, and continue to fight the war on terror.

image.jpg

Last edited:
You crazier than me, and when you mash the pedal something happens. I’m still running the 4.slow!

No you don't have the 4-slow. That's a 4 banger term and you gotta 6 cylinder.

Now as far as Jeff being crazy 🤪? I can't answer that one but if he's crazy what's that make me?

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
For some reason I had to go up the embankment and pivot around this giant rock. I wish I had a vid. My son said it was the coolest thing all day! Rock slider caught some on the upper edge.

View attachment 286348
Looks like that rock was shaped just right too! when you do the body mounts you likely won’t have other issues often unless you chase mini boat sliders. I wouldn’t recommend the ones from GR unless you want to modify them a lot…

Reactions: JMT
Looks like that rock was shaped just right too! when you do the body mounts you likely won’t have other issues often unless you chase mini boat sliders. I wouldn’t recommend the ones from GR unless you want to modify them a lot…
Really? I thought the GR raised mounts fit nicely. Well, the middle one at least since I had to cut and grind the others due to the midarm....

Which ones would you be looking at?

Really? I thought the GR raised mounts fit nicely. Well, the middle one at least since I had to cut and grind the others due to the midarm....

Which ones would you be looking at?
The body mounts are properly good! I meant to suggest their mini boat sides (sliders) aren’t what they should be. The “step” portion is pretty massive. It may even give up on the gains.

Reactions: Alex01 and JMT
They’ve changed the design on the Miller 211, but the auto settings haven’t changed (afaik, since they’re just codifying the chart inside most welders). From that standpoint that’s not a terrible deal. Especially considering the new 211s have jumped from 1450 to 1675 within the last few months. But run some beads before paying up! They don’t need to be good (mine still suck after 6months of intermittent use).

However if you get a welder you’ll want to price it all in. You need gloves and a hood at a minimum. I really like the deer skin gloves I found at Home Depot. Hoods are really limited right now, so you might have to go big or budget (I errored on the side of big and it’s great, others have also found it similarly impressive). Then you either need flux wire (good option, but more spatter) or solid wire and a tank (100+) + c25 gas (60-80+).

They’ve changed the design on the Miller 211, but the auto settings haven’t changed (afaik, since they’re just codifying the chart inside most welders). From that standpoint that’s not a terrible deal. Especially considering the new 211s have jumped from 1450 to 1675 within the last few months. But run some beads before paying up! They don’t need to be good (mine still suck after 6months of intermittent use).

However if you get a welder you’ll want to price it all in. You need gloves and a hood at a minimum. I really like the deer skin gloves I found at Home Depot. Hoods are really limited right now, so you might have to go big or budget (I errored on the side of big and it’s great, others have also found it similarly impressive). Then you either need flux wire (good option, but more spatter) or solid wire and a tank (100+) + c25 gas (60-80+).
Just as a reference this is my 211 from may. I don’t know if the inverter tech has changed much, but one other cost is running a larger plug (though you can weld a ton on the standard outlet, which surprised me). The used market by me wasn’t very friendly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Don't forget a few grinders. 2 are nice because then you don't need to swap between cutting and sanding. Also some magnets.

That’s a big entry fee. My wife might shirk right now. I am. My neighbor has a couple of welders I could use, but they don’t have the auto feed feature. I’d have to practice at his place. My biggest problem is where to put a 211. My garage is tiny and there’s no place right now. 🤔

Reactions: Wildman
So you're not gunna need to come visit the Wildman Gob Fab shop now? Gunna do your own welding and?

I KNOW it isn't a Miller but for half that price you can get this from Harbor Freight.

https://www.harborfreight.com/MIG-1...olt-Input-64805.html?cid=itcnonmember_oct2021
If you're a club member it's On Sale right now for $520. But the extended warranty and you'll be good for a while as you learn. Then once you've learned to weld better then move up to a brand name machine.

Of course look at me where I bought a Lincoln cause they were suppose to be good machines and I'd had one already. Now it's broken and I won't have it for a month or longer. I've thought about getting this unit to hold me over until I get mine back. Other than HEAVY welding a 170 Amp unit will work.

Reactions: Apparition
That’s a big entry fee. My wife might shirk right now. I am. My neighbor has a couple of welders I could use, but they don’t have the auto feed feature. I’d have to practice at his place. My biggest problem is where to put a 211. My garage is tiny and there’s no place right now. 🤔
"think of the children" Their education (shop class) is suffering now without that welder.

I decided to add this old Curt tow hook I had to the front bumper to attach my TRE thimble too. Gets it out of the way. Looks clean. Costs nothing.

View attachment 285387
:love: This is cool to see. I have a Superwinch EPi 9.0 that has been with me for almost ten years. It was a gift from my Dad, before he passed. It has been through several lines over the years, but has served me faithfully!

• Love
Reactions: JMT