2005 TJ X

Where did you get it from? Pictures would be awesome when you get a chance. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

The mid-arm suspension idea is one I've always been interested in, I just didn't think anyone actually made them at a production level.
They are in production and they are selling as fast as they can build them. It is the Mid Arm on Savvy's site.

They are in production and they are selling as fast as they can build them. It is the Mid Arm on Savvy's site.

I haven't checked it in a while, that explains it!

Very cool, I'm impressed! Seems like a great solution for a lot of people.

John,

What size Metalcloak Fenders are those in F? R?

When I saw the introductory price, I posted that anyone interested even if it wouldn't be for a few years to buy it and store it even if they had to sell something to do so. The price was just too good to be true and given the fact that it nearly doubled, it was.

Too bad you don't make it to our neck of the woods, we could have helped a bit.

I could be in your neck of the woods at any time...:)

Chris, I will take photos of the installation and post the photos whenever that occurs. It cost a bunch...a bit over 2k was my price.

Well, about the same that I paid for my Currie 4" lift, so I don't consider that to be that bad!

I've been following a couple of jeepers who have installed it, and they are quite impressed. Lot of work, but Savvy has taken a lot of the guess work out of the setup part. If jeeples would just quite trying to think they can modify the setup beyond what Savvy has spent countless hours developing, they would be a lot more satisfied with the end result.

If jeeples would just quite trying to think they can modify the setup beyond what Savvy has spent countless hours developing, they would be a lot more satisfied with the end result.

For some reason, everyone assumes they can engineer something better than the engineers themselves, haha.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I've been following a couple of jeepers who have installed it, and they are quite impressed. Lot of work, but Savvy has taken a lot of the guess work out of the setup part. If jeeples would just quite trying to think they can modify the setup beyond what Savvy has spent countless hours developing, they would be a lot more satisfied with the end result.
If you know of any good places you can point me where they think they can outsmart us, I'm always up for a giggle. If they will install it as designed, it works flawlessly and it handles, drives, and climbs better than anything else I've seen. FYI, all the guess work is taken out of it. There is no figuring, no estimating, no guessing. The brackets only go one place, the trusses only go one place, and everything connects between the trusses and the frame brackets. No guessing needed whatsoever.

Last edited:
Approximately $2,000.00 for installation.
That is with you already having bump stops installed, spring perches rotated to flat, nothing on the axles that needs to be removed other than an angled rear trackbar mount, no long arm belly skid to remove, extended brake lines in place, and shocks that don't need work?

The irony in this statement is that someone decided they could build something better than the original engineers.

Problem is that there are a bunch of shade tree mechanics that think they can do it. Then those same unqualified people get on internet forums and blast whichever company for producing an inferior product. My company sees it all the time. End users don't want to pony up for a complete solution, then they get ticked off when it doesn't work 100% of the time. They don't want to hear that they are using the system so far out of our operating range that we're surprised it even works once!

Reactions: Chris
Problem is that there are a bunch of shade tree mechanics that think they can do it. Then those same unqualified people get on internet forums and blast whichever company for producing an inferior product. My company sees it all the time. End users don't want to pony up for a complete solution, then they get ticked off when it doesn't work 100% of the time. They don't want to hear that they are using the system so far out of our operating range that we're surprised it even works once!

Yep, that about sums it up.

When I worked on lawn mowers one of the things I'd hear is "it wasn't running right so I replaced this or that and now it won't run at all, must be something else."
Every time I heard that I checked whatever they "fixed" and it was almost always the issue.

Reactions: Mike_H and Chris
The irony in this statement is that someone decided they could build something better than the original engineers.
No, not at all. It is only ironic if we never lift the rig, and alter it's weight and stance. Once you do those things then there are changes that need to be made to the suspension, steering, and brakes to compensate since the vehicle is no longer operating within its "as designed" parameters.