A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only mistake I ever made was not moving back to Arizona sooner:

DBDF8169-63B4-4A3E-8489-51B8B65F41AC.jpeg

Glad to hear it! I’m also in love with living here. Move go ok?

Oh yeah, other than the fact that I’ll never be done unpacking, it went great. The house is so massive that furnishing it will be another task in and of its own.

Reactions: starkey480
Oh yeah, other than the fact that I’ll never be done unpacking, it went great. The house is so massive that furnishing it will be another task in and of its own.
Haha that’s everyone’s story when the move to Arizona. It’s so much cheaper than Cali and Oregon you get a way bigger house!

Reactions: Wildman
Just finally clicked on thread... didn’t realize it was you building one!.. I didn’t see red which I thought was the choice but like the silver as well... will be fun to watch the president of all the crazies on here navigate thru the pressures of not building the best and most or 2nd most expensive Tj’s he’s owned😂😂

7-8 weeks a year? Heck you're lucky to get 2 weeks of nice weather on the wetside.... :D

Now those of us in the middle of the state do get some nice weather. But it was in the 50's and raining here also today. Made the garage nice and nippery today.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and zebra12
All I can relate to this is a visit we made one summer to my wife's brother's place in Tacoma. A July 4th vacation visit. I never saw the sun one day during that visit, and it rained on us 4th of July. WTF! Bon fires were a big thing over there.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and Squatch
All I can relate to this is a visit we made one summer to my wife's brother's place in Tacoma. A July 4th vacation visit. I never saw the sun one day during that visit, and it rained on us 4th of July. WTF! Bon fires were a big thing over there.
The standard rule around here is summer doesn't start until after the 4th of July...

I've come to the conclusion that the ONLY month you can be sure it won't rain in Oregon is August.

I was shocked it was still raining when we left for Arizona on Saturday.

Actually, I took took it as a sign. It was nice and sunny for a week up until the day we left. Then, the day we leave, it starts pouring down rain.

That was the sign I needed :)

The standard rule around here is summer doesn't start until after the 4th of July...

Yep, July 5 - August 31 is the official summer season in the PNW.

A warm summer day here (people complain about heat above 80 degrees with low humidity), feels like a nice late October day in Charlotte, NC.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Squatch
I've always liked the yellow smiley face on the classic KC Daylighters, so my thought is these LED versions should be an improvement. The 23 year warranty makes them worth it as well.
I need some LED Headlights and probably 2 A-Pillar LIghts. I'd like to know what you think about the KC's (vs Vision X) since you are such a light snob ;)

Reactions: Chris
I need some LED Headlights and probably 2 A-Pillar LIghts. I'd like to know what you think about the KC's (vs Vision X) since you are such a light snob ;)

congrats on the jeep purchase. That is a sick build by the PO. I would pass on the a-pillar lights. they dont really serve a purpose that some nice LED headlights can provide.

Reactions: Chris
Not much activity lately as I've been settling in to the new house.

I did have a paintless dent repair guy come out today and fix 4 minor dents on the hood of my TJ:

102555630_2755709084556021_5734695478843145652_n.jpg

102557338_213669822940208_2736972553242707428_n.jpg

103638333_2721554231408976_4402117783227292296_n.jpg

They were very hard to see unless looking in the right light, but he did an outstanding job. You literally can't tell they were ever there, and he only charged me $200!

Not much activity lately as I've been settling in to the new house.

I did have a pointless dent repair guy come out today and fix 4 minor dents on the hood of my TJ:

View attachment 170115

View attachment 170116

View attachment 170117

They were very hard to see unless looking in the right light, but he did an outstanding job. You literally can't tell they were ever there, and he only charged me $200!

That is an amazing job to clean that up. $200 bucks and looks real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.