Air compressor suggestions

I was debating OBA, then I started my General Contracting business. I went all cordless DeWalt as they were the first to have a cordless table-saw and miter box. Now I have almost every 20V DeWalt accessory. I picked up the DeWalt DCC020IB couple years ago. It was on sale at Home Depot for $70 or 80 bucks. It has accessories to inflate anything, the battery that comes with it is junk, but I have a ton of the good 5AH batteries.

It takes a bit longer that a ARB or Vlair, but it has a dial, set the pressure you want, hook it up and start it. When it gets to pressure, it shuts off. That allows me to do other things while it fills my tires. Also I can can take it with my WK2 and travel trailer when I go camping. The 5AH battery easily filled my 33" from 10psi to 32psi, still having 2 bars on battery meter.

Reactions: reddvltj
Reactions: rasband
That gauge is worthless. Don't get it. In fact, you really don't even need a gauge, just get a fixed PSI regulator and call it good.
Yeah, I heard that the C02 keeps a constant pressure, the gauge is really no good, by the time your low enough to show on the gauge, your out.

Portable Viair also here. Mounted inside under the hood.
That what my 03 Rubi has , with a tank in the back. It’s always there , has saved some bike rides too .

How well do these non-lubricated compressors hold up over time? They must do "ok" as I don't see any oil lubricated options (other than York).

Sanden can be oil lubricated. So far after 10 months mine is still very quiet. Also doesn't use a lot of oil.

Reactions: Zorba
Yeah, I heard that the C02 keeps a constant pressure, the gauge is really no good, by the time your low enough to show on the gauge, your out.
That's why I used a permanent marker to note my bottle's weight, including the regulator, boot, etc. in both full and empty states. I have a little luggage scale with a hook to gauge the current state of charge in my bottle based on those numbers.

Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
I have a Viair 450P I've been carrying in the F250 for a few years, guess I'm gonna have to remember to swap it over to the LJ when we're driving it

Reactions: Apparition
I have a Viair built-in compressor in the TJ. I also have the larger Smittybilt portable compressor I use for other purposes. The Smittybilt is about twice as fast as the Viair, all other things remaining the same.