Another TJ6 build

IMG_1817.jpeg

I got to cut off some old not used suspension brackets and exhaust hangers.

For you guys that have done the conversion or know, I’m planning ahead and looking for a LJ soft top frame and even used they are expensive. Did you look into extending/welding on or modifying the TJ soft top frame to use with a LJ soft top ? Or just bite the bullet? I’ve seen the frameless tops for LJ’s but don’t like the fast back look. Thanks

For you guys that have done the conversion or know, I’m planning ahead and looking for a LJ soft top frame and even used they are expensive. Did you look into extending/welding on or modifying the TJ soft top frame to use with a LJ soft top ? Or just bite the bullet? I’ve seen the frameless tops for LJ’s but don’t like the fast back look. Thanks

Keep looking. I bought an entire soft top with the frame for around $250 and another frame for $100 after a tree branch landed on my top in a storm. The top I bought has a couple tear and the windows are fairly scuffed but it’s perfect as a trail top that I won’t lose any sleep over rubbing on a tree or rock. I found both on fb marketplace.

Reactions: Rec_Rider

Keep looking. I wouldn't attempt any mods to the TJ frame or top. You'll find one eventually.

Kinda coming along,suspension is done. I took the springs out cycled it and everything is good. I have to adjust pinion angle down and measure for drive shaft, I extended the 3/16” brake line, built the AN fuel line and vent , just waiting on a part from Amazon,the quick connect fitting on the fuel pump side is 3/8” and on the side where the fuel line comes off the frame is 5/16”. Thought they where both 3/8”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyd