New guy with a TJ6

jesseshoots

TJ Enthusiast
I may be futile in this but I'm trying to convince my wife that this would be a great "couples" project. She's not quite on board yet. I mentioned before that she hated the Jeep when I went through the extension portion so if I get her onboard with the stroker build she might not slip back into that mode. Maybe a bottle of wine, music, and a comfy chair in the garage will sway her....

eh, wishful thinking.
I've tried just about everything to get my wife interested in hanging out with me while in the garage as well... I've even offered to get the computer out and set up netflix lol!

OP
Rec_Rider

Rec_Rider

TJ Enthusiast
I'm not one to let it sit so I added a little more while waiting for the push rod checker (should get it tomorrow). I had to get another plug for the head and luckily the local OReillys had it. I installed it along with a few parts that won't get in the way of the rocker work that needs to be done.

So far I'm only missing rhe 4 bolts that hold the water pump pulley. Much better than I originally thought. I am reusing a few items from the donor that won't affect performance but doesn't look the best. I don't want it to standout anyway (thus the black paint).

I ordered another Standard camshaft synchronizer. I'll keep the other as a spare. If I get the push rods ordered from Russ I'm hoping to complete the build in a week or so. He still needs to send me the injectors as well.

20210608_202237.jpg

20210608_202255.jpg

20210608_202347.jpg

Reactions: reddvltj
OP
Rec_Rider

Rec_Rider

TJ Enthusiast
Reactions: reddvltj
OP
Rec_Rider

Rec_Rider

TJ Enthusiast
It was actually the easiest choice for me. CA is a PITA for swapping motors so stroking it should allow me to stay under the radar and get it smogged normally. I also wanted to know if the power difference is really that big between stock and a 4.7. No dyno here but from pure experience and feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTERDN and kmas0n