Basket's Build

Yep. That’s pretty much my bumper.

You just need a taller truck.

Rough country 3" lift is cheaper than the bumper 🥴

Yep... Lift the truck.. Then need to regear it for the larger tires.. and the rabbit hole keeps on...

Yep... I intend on keeping it stock. I already have 2 project cars and I'd like to keep it reliable and cheap to own. It's a work truck not a show truck.

Rough country 3" lift is cheaper than the bumper 🥴

Yep... I intend on keeping it stock. I already have 2 project cars and I'd like to keep it reliable and cheap to own. It's a work truck not a show truck.

Lifting the front gets expensive fast. Look up pisk,kryptonite upper arms,tie rods,idler and pitman . don't forget better cv axles.

Once you do all that they hold up pretty well. Ive beat mine on 35's with a manual trans offroad and lots of power and it holds up.

Lol,but if you run bigger tires you'll be begging for your current mpg's with that 6.0l

Lifting the front gets expensive fast. Look up pisk,kryptonite upper arms,tie rods,idler and pitman . don't forget better cv axles.
That's regear money right there... Just kidding it's student loan money 😭
Once you do all that they hold up pretty well. Ive beat mine on 35's with a manual trans offroad and lots of power and it holds up.

Lol,but if you run bigger tires you'll be begging for your current mpg's with that 6.0l

I think the highest I've ever gotten was 14mpg and some change already! I do next to 0 highway driving out here... Lots of slowing down and speeding up.

That's regear money right there... Just kidding it's student loan money 😭

I think the highest I've ever gotten was 14mpg and some change already! I do next to 0 highway driving out here... Lots of slowing down and speeding up.

I live on windy 2 lane roads also.

Duramax,6 speed manual and 35's i get 12-18 depending on how much boost I'm playing with.usually average about 15

Reactions: Wildman and lBasket
I live on windy 2 lane roads also.

Duramax,6 speed manual and 35's i get 12-18 depending on how much boost I'm playing with.usually average about 15

Not bad! I didn't expect to get good mileage with a truck that size anyways, and since I work from home my MPGs don't make a huge impact on my wallet, I fill up every 3weeks probably.

Now, once I get the MR2 running, I wouldn't be surprised if it got 35mpg+... I think that motor is rated for 33 in the Camry it's from and that vehicle weighs almost double

So... Where does my hawse fairlead/thimble holder go on this? Looks like they will sell you a hawse fairlead add-on but what are you supposed to bolt it to?

1715186537071.png

I have the holder from the man himself and it bolts into the winch plate in my current setup not seeing anything like that on the MC deal. Description sounds like you don't need a winch plate for the bumper
PXL_20240423_223851365.jpg

Reactions: reddvltj
So... Where does my hawse fairlead/thimble holder go on this? Looks like they will sell you a hawse fairlead add-on but what are you supposed to bolt it to?

View attachment 525128

I have the holder from the man himself and it bolts into the winch plate in my current setup not seeing anything like that on the MC deal. Description sounds like you don't need a winch plate for the bumper
View attachment 525129

Use something like this?

https://motobilt.com/products/universal-hawse-fairlead-mount

1715199509830.png

Or use your current winch mount?

View attachment 525128

View attachment 525129

This is what I believe you'd need.

1715200072505.png

https://metalcloak.com/roller-fairlead-bracket-cj-yj-tj-lj.html

Here's the type I've run for years

1715200170397.png

Weird that it wouldn't come with that part. I guess the add-ons they sell must have the 90° turn and bottom portion.

Their addon is for a Roller fairlead or the other style that Ryan posted which I really don't like but I guess if it works
I could use my current winch plate but seems kinda like alot of extra weight since the bumper has a winch mount, but I like what you suggested

I agree that reusing your current winch plate is not the best option since it adds a lot of weight & is redundant since the bumper has a winch mount. If you were to go this route and want to reuse the BMB fairlead then the mount from Motobuilt or similar would be my choice.

Ohh I see. Dang 90$! Makes the decision easy. I'll go with the motobilt one and just reuse what I already have. Thanks guys. I'll order this all tonight hopefully it comes in soon so I can get some testing going.

Hope it all works for you and cures all your woes with flat-towing it. Be nice to be able to enjoy your camper & truck plus your Jeep without having to sped $$$. I know how that feels right now...

I really wasn't happy when I had to buy my trailer either at the time. Was planning on just flat-towing for a while longer.