Bronco vs. Wrangler

Which is stupid. It was stupid with Ram, it would be stupid with Bronco. It will ALWAYS be a Dodge truck as far as I'm concerned.

If I remember correctly, making Ram a stand alone brand came about when the bailouts/ flirting with bankruptcy came about. Part of the fiat takeover to be more “product focused” on each line and have dodge be mainly a car line while Ram would be the truck line.

If I remember correctly, making Ram a stand alone brand came about when the bailouts/ flirting with bankruptcy came about. Part of the fiat takeover to be more “product focused” on each line and have dodge be mainly a car line while Ram would be the truck line.
whatever.gif

Beats me. *shrug* "Silverado" is a trim level, not a model name. That would be C10, C20, C30, etc...

Those guys are hilarious, I love their channel.

And they can’t get too crazy because both of those vehicles are dealer stock and for sale, they’re not press rigs. so they are limited in what they can do with them.
Yeah, but they were a little afraid of going through some of the mud puddles. LOL. When they got through it was like, WOW! Yeah, hard-core off-roaders will think it's a joke.

Reactions: Byhumba
That was the gayest video yet. My Yukon SLT could have done all that.
Hell, with the exception of the mud wallows, my old MBZ could have done most of it - maybe all of it with a driver who knew what s/he's doing (not me!). But I just can't take an offroad vehicle seriously that has a gargantuan video screen in the middle of the dash. For that matter, I can take an ONroad vehicle seriously that has a gargantuan video screen in the middle of the dash!

Intake, exhaust, cam, electronic ignition not too much, but it’s well tuned and scary fast until about 100.
I would lose on the freeway to most modern trucks top end, but in the mud, sand, or snow it’s really nice.
The EB in the new Bronco would blow the doors off your 351W... Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the #V8Life but they're impressive little motors for sure.

Reactions: Apparition

I don't know if it's the 35's but I expected it to really move aswell.
Damn, that thing is a dog compared to the F-150! Most stock 2.7's are running ~14.3's @ ~94 mph in the 1/4 on stock tune. Based on the 0-60 times of that Bronco in the video, it be in the 17's for a 1/4 mile run... would make my YJ look fast :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I've been a Ford guy all my life, the ecoboost does have some cool tech, but they are not impressive (talking speed here). And before someone starts, anything can be made fast...once.

That being said, we are still getting a bronco and very much looking forward to it.

I've been a Ford guy all my life, the ecoboost does have some cool tech, but they are not impressive (talking speed here). And before someone starts, anything can be made fast...once.

That being said, we are still getting a bronco and very much looking forward to it.
In stock form the ecoboosts have made the F150's the quickest trucks other than the TRX or possibly some of these electric options.

The Bronco should be quicker.

They ran 8.74 here

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ime-is-surprisingly-chirpy-164252.html#agal_0

Last edited:
Here's another site claiming 5.9 seconds, unclear on the setup though

2021 Ford Bronco Does 0-60 Mph In 5.9 Seconds; Everywhere​

Via: Media.ford.com
Ford has fine-tuned the 2021 Bronco to be a performer on as well as off the roads. Using a lightweight chassis and more efficient yet peppy powertrain options helps the 2021 Ford Bronco to do 0-60 mph in just 5.9 seconds. This is with the 2.7L Twin-Turbo V6 unit, but even when taking it into consideration, it destroys the 2021 Jeep Wrangler packed with a 285 hp V6 that does 0-60 mph in 7.6 seconds.

These figures are attainable 'everywhere' because of the impressive Adaptive Terrain Management Technology that packs 7 distinctive drive modes - Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery and Sand With Baja, Mud/ Ruts, and Rock Crawl.

https://www.hotcars.com/2021-ford-bronco-costs-facts-figures/