Bronco vs. Wrangler

That definitely won’t be part of the broncrodeo or whatever they call it.

Guessing hells will be as difficult as it gets. But it should be fun for them.
You're probably right but he's got his own Bronco... If the Off-Rodeo crew doesn't head to Pritchett Canyon then he can certainly do so on his own! If he has to resort to it, he should be able to sell it to his wife: Look honey, Loren Healy did it in a stock Bronco and he showed me all the cheater lines. What could go wrong?

For everyday use, interior space/comfort and on road handling it seems like a better vehicle (for our needs). We have four kids, two are in college, so we still wanted something that we could at least fit five us of comfortably. Our old Honda van is still hanging around as the Family Truckster. We did drive some JL’s but my wife did not like the smaller cabin of the Jeep. She grew up around the Broncos of the 80’s and was sold on the idea of the new model.

The soft top of the Bronco seems more usable because the back can be raised up and kept in place to give more access to the rear, similar to the rear window of a hard top. The soft top seems to be very easy to raise and lower, but I’m not sure how the newer Jeeps function to compare. It would be nice if the rear seats folded flat, but I built a platform for the rear cargo to make it even with the seats if needed. Towing capacity is 3,500 pounds but it the same chassis as the Ranger and it’s rated at 7,000 or so.

After this 3000 mile trip I’ll have more input, but she loves it and that’s all that matters. I like things simple like the TJ and it will always hold my attention.

I had the impression that a lot of people are unhappy with the fitment of the soft top (but maybe amplified on forum complaints). Glad to hear you like it. Please do share your thoughts after your trip to Moab.

They thought a little further on the rear softtop access, but it is still quite very much a hacked up solution. @mrblaine I wanted to share this with you a while ago but forgot when we had that email conversation reg TJ soft tops.

1652397560501.png

Reactions: mrblaine
I had the impression that a lot of people are unhappy with the fitment of the soft top (but maybe amplified on forum complaints). Glad to hear you like it. Please do share your thoughts after your trip to Moab.

They thought a little further on the rear softtop access, but it is still quite very much a hacked up solution. @mrblaine I wanted to share this with you a while ago but forgot when we had that email conversation reg TJ soft tops.

View attachment 330089
My understanding is the factory soft tops are loose and floppy. The Bestop replacement tops are very nice.

Reactions: RonnieS

Completed the drive to Moab and the Off-Roadeo. It was a very nice drive out and the Bronco was great. The fuel economy is not the best, but that was expected (17 average). The Off-Roadeo was even better than we expected. The Bronco was very fun to drive but it would have been fun no matter what we were driving. Having never been to Moab it was awesome to have an instructor and guide. We were on the trails from 10-5, and were provided lunch on the trail. I would love to get my TJ out here next time.

Im seeing the softop here in Sarasota. Looks very expensive to replace with different pieces. Florida sun can kill a convertible top quick here. I also see some cheap trim.