Bronco vs. Wrangler

Here's another site claiming 5.9 seconds, unclear on the setup though

2021 Ford Bronco Does 0-60 Mph In 5.9 Seconds; Everywhere​

Via: Media.ford.com
Ford has fine-tuned the 2021 Bronco to be a performer on as well as off the roads. Using a lightweight chassis and more efficient yet peppy powertrain options helps the 2021 Ford Bronco to do 0-60 mph in just 5.9 seconds. This is with the 2.7L Twin-Turbo V6 unit, but even when taking it into consideration, it destroys the 2021 Jeep Wrangler packed with a 285 hp V6 that does 0-60 mph in 7.6 seconds.

These figures are attainable 'everywhere' because of the impressive Adaptive Terrain Management Technology that packs 7 distinctive drive modes - Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery and Sand With Baja, Mud/ Ruts, and Rock Crawl.

https://www.hotcars.com/2021-ford-bronco-costs-facts-figures/
If you find that impressive it's OK but my stock GM without turbos 0 to 60 is 2.9.

Reactions: InOmaha and Byhumba
If you find that impressive it's OK but my stock GM without turbos 0 to 60 is 2.9.
I’m not old enough to even consider wanting a corvette

If I was impressed I’d own a C8, hell I’ll have more in my new LJ build than a C8 would cost. But I’ll also have more HP.

Last edited:
I’m not old enough to even consider wanting a corvette

If I was impressed I’d own a C8, hell I’ll have more in my new LJ build than a C8 would cost. But I’ll also have more HP.
Age has nothing to do with it.

With your goal to spend more I suggest you learn more first.

Age has nothing to do with it.

With your goal to spend more I suggest you learn more first.

Says the person who bought a vehicle that depreciation is not only fact, but drops more than most other vehicles out there.

Just remember, it’s 5 under in the fast lane with your new balance shoes, left turn signal on and your unlit cigar.

• Haha
Reactions: Farmergreg
Interesting to watch this thread ebb and flow. The reality is the Wrangler doesn't need to be compared to anything else, or defended, because there is nothing else like it. The Wrangler helped win a World War, inspired generations of off-road enthusiasts, and is the only vehicle like it in production today. Others can emulate some of the features, but they will never emulate its iconic heritage. There, I said it!

Look in the comments how many people are saying the bronco flex's better... comments including the Wrangler taking a different line so not fair etc...
Ford claims more flex too but it didn't show. The important thing is it didn't matter. Tommy even said he preferred the Bronco offroad and he's a 2 door wrangler owner.

I think there are offroad things the Wrangler will do better but I think the Bronco has hit the sweet spot and once they can make enough it's going to be a great competition.

1627579053772.png