Does your TJ have a name?

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
Simple, albeit perhaps silly subject. I've noticed that a number of people have referred to their TJ by name. So, the question is, do you have a name for your TJ, and if so, what is it? I'll admit that I sometimes name a rig, and other ones will never be referred to by anything other than what they are. My son-in-law goes by CJ, and I always call him Ceej. So, as of late, I've found my self referring to my TJ as "The Teej", or simply Teej. Some may find the entire subject idiotic, but I know I've read quite a few posts where folks have mentioned their rigs by name. So how 'bout it? What ya got?

I bought Rusty Cage last Memorial Day not long after Chris Cornell of Soundgarden died. Naturally there was a Soundgarden renaissance happening on the radio then. Rusty Cage was on the radio when I test drove it. And well, the color.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Funny, as that song is what I associated the name with. I found it a humorous name for a TJ, for sure. Great choice! :thumbsup:

I refer to Jeeps in general as 'beasts' cuz when you look at them head on, they look like some 4 legged creature ready to rip ur head off..
I refer to my tj as,
20180428_105421.jpg
'The White Beast'. :)

Eleanor. Always told myself if I was going to part with my CJ it would be for a Rubihara. The day after I sold my CJ #380 shows up about 2 hrs ride from me. When I first got her she had so many problems the PO didn’t resolve. Took me weeks to just get her to pass emissions so I could get registered. Anyhow, I first thought Christine. But Christine broke things and fixed them herself. Then I thought about the Stang Eleanor (Gone in 60 seconds) and how she treated her owners. Seemed to fit. This particular Jeep has problem had more stupid issues than the other 7 or 8 together, but still my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got my 97 TJ on Thursday. I wanted to name her Red Sonja, after Conan the Barbarian’s sidekick, but because she’s a petite 4 cylinder, I decided on Poppy (like the red flower.)
I think 97 is the last year before they changed the suspension?