Dorman speed bleeders

astjp2

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
For those of you who are not able to have help with bleeding your jeep's brakes, here is the part numbers for the Dorman speed bleeders:

Dorman Speed Bleeders
12708- M7-10x32mm
12705- M8-1.25x28mm
12706- M10-1.0x33mm
12709- M10-1.0x35mm
12702- M10-1.5x33mm
12703- 1/4-28x1.0"
12704- 5/16-24x1.0"
12701- 3/8x24x 1 3/16"
12707- 7/16-20x 1 1/4"

Reactions: MountaineerTom
No they don't. It pressurizes the container and pushes fluid through the hose to the master cylinder.

Before I bought a motive I had a selection of brake caps with air fittings on that were hooked to a regulator at low preasure

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
they work like a bug sprayer, the bottom of the air pump is in the fluid, every time you pump, it puts air into the fluid. You can pump them up a couple of days ahead of time and let them sit until the bubbles separate out, but I dont have time to wait. I wound up using a paint pot, it puts air pressure on top and forces the fluid out the tube. @mrblaine understands that and I dont mind poking the bear.

I'm tellin' Mr. You know whooooo...

they work like a bug sprayer, the bottom of the air pump is in the fluid, every time you pump, it puts air into the fluid. You can pump them up a couple of days ahead of time and let them sit until the bubbles separate out, but I dont have time to wait. I wound up using a paint pot, it puts air pressure on top and forces the fluid out the tube. @mrblaine understands that and I dont mind poking the bear.

Edit-
Crap, I'm wrong!
Not "crap" because I'm wrong (I'm wrong all of the time, just ask my wife)
Not "crap" because you're right.
"Crap" because it is aerating, to some extent at least, the fluid.

Nope.
Air "in" is from the plunger/cap assembly. You can see the flapper on the underside, if you look. Fluid "out" is the tube in the brake fluid.

Last edited:
Didn't Blaine say all these suck, @astjp2 do you have any luck with these?

Edit: I'd reference Blaine by his username but it's like poking a sleeping bear with a stick
Generally, anything that works for you is good and anything that doesn't is bad. What works for me is a good manual bleed. I fix a lot of gadget bled systems with a manual bleed. It is also rare that I work on a brake system that doesn't have air in it.

Edit-
Crap, I'm wrong!
Not "crap" because I'm wrong (I'm wrong all of the time, just ask my wife)
Not "crap" because you're right.
"Crap" because it is aerating, to some extent at least, the fluid.

Nope.
Air "in" is from the plunger/cap assembly. You can see the flapper on the underside, if you look. Fluid "out" is the tube in the brake fluid.
What are you trying to say? Maybe we need to get @Chris to intrepret?

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I always use one of those vacuum brake bleeder systems. Bought one 10 or so years ago and it's always worked like a charm.

Admittedly though, I've never tried speed bleeders. Are they all they're cracked up to be?