California Dusy Ershim Run 2022

Added to Calendar: 08-20-22

Dusy dates. What do you prefer? We will plan it around one of these weekends.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to try and get there sometime between August 20- September 17, while the lakes and streams are nice and full. Anyone have intel on when the fishing is ripe?
Typically when I go trout fishing opening season is the best due to the lake has been frozen over and after the lake thaw's the fish are looking to eat. If I recall Cali fish season opens the last weekend of April and lakes and streams are going to be full and streams running fullest in the beginning of summer. If your window of opportunity to run the trail is Aug-Sep I would recommend Aug.

I've never fished Ershim, Lakecamp, or Mallard Lakes or Courtright Reservoir but more than likely you will find Brook, Rainbow and some Browns.

I haven't done it yet and is on my list. I have to look at the schedule when you put it together to see if I can join. There are a few changes I'd like to make so this might be a good kick in the ass to get moving.
Here you go
kick.gif

Dusy is on my bucket list but I doubt I can make it this year (long way from Memphis!). Keep in mind that Dusy doesn't open until Aug 1 and sometimes later depending on snow and trail readiness. Also, I believe that cal4wd does a poker run there on labor Day weekend.

Dusy is on my bucket list but I doubt I can make it this year (long way from Memphis!). Keep in mind that Dusy doesn't open until Aug 1 and sometimes later depending on snow and trail readiness. Also, I believe that cal4wd does a poker run there on labor Day weekend.
Keep me in mind if you plan a trip in the next couple years

Reactions: U8MYDZT and gasiorv
Yea CA4WDC is Aug 2nd thru the 5th so it will need to be later in Aug or early Sept. still looking at my calander

You guys do the fishing and I'll eat them....

Been a LONG time since I've had a fishing pole in my hands.
" Pole in my hands " :eek:
If I get hung up you guys will have to tug me off. And it'd be an honor to be able to run the trail with all of you.
" tug me off " :eek:

Wow its a good think I know what your thinking, and like not some others on this forum :ROFLMAO: