California Dusy Ershim Run 2022

Dusy dates. What do you prefer? We will plan it around one of these weekends.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australian Instagram Points?

I’d like to hear reason to. :)

The latches on dometic bugged me a lot. I didn’t like how you kind of had to press on the top to lock it, and this lead to my fridge being slightly open a few nights when camping with friends.

They also had a recall where if both AC and DC were plugged in at the same time they could cause a fire. Yheir fix was a warning sticker which didn’t sit right with me.

Not sure if you guys saw this on the other threads, but got stuck in a pretty deep mudhole and filled my trans with water. Called AAA but they had no one even close to my location. Luckily letting her cool off a while was enough to get us home. 

View attachment 309317

I ruined the engine in my 1992 YJ at Hollister Hills ORV when I sunk it in the tank trap. Hope it isn't anything serious.

Not sure if you guys saw this on the other threads, but got stuck in a pretty deep mudhole and filled my trans with water. Called AAA but they had no one even close to my location. Luckily letting her cool off a while was enough to get us home. 

View attachment 309317
You might want to relocate the vent or stay out of the water.

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
The latches on dometic bugged me a lot. I didn’t like how you kind of had to press on the top to lock it, and this lead to my fridge being slightly open a few nights when camping with friends.

They also had a recall where if both AC and DC were plugged in at the same time they could cause a fire. Yheir fix was a warning sticker which didn’t sit right with me.
That's the best recall ever. My truck needs a recall, fuel pump IIRC, due to fire risk and they said I had to wait for parts. A sticker would be way easier for them.

Edit:intake heater-grid relay in certain models may overheat, leading to an electrical fire.

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
You might want to relocate the vent or stay out of the water.

The fucked up part is that I had my trans out and thought "na I am in Cali, when will I ever get that deep in water" Today..... I'm just glad it happened close to home. I guess I will be yanking the trans here in the next week or so

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
The fucked up part is that I had my trans out and thought "na I am in Cali, when will I ever get that deep in water" Today..... I'm just glad it happened close to home. I guess I will be yanking the trans here in the next week or so
Fordyce wasn’t on your bucket list?

3AF6D450-6130-4868-BF5E-9683F4B46C94.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Alex01 and U8MYDZT
Wow...... You called it...... i was at Hollister in the God Damn Tank Trap when it happened. The hole didn't look that deep...

I did this in the tank trap too. And yep it didn't look that deep then either. I was at Ft Ord before they closed it & I got out of the Army in 1992 and lived in Monterey and worked in Watsonville for a while.

Fordyce wasn’t on your bucket list?

View attachment 309327

That's on my bucket list too.

Thanks for the info. I’ll make sure not to plug mine into both. 😬