California Dusy Ershim Run 2022

Added to Calendar: 08-20-22

Dusy dates. What do you prefer? We will plan it around one of these weekends.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

U8MYDZT

Wrong guy to follow
Supporting Member
Alright everyone I am making it official. Let use this thread to plan out a trip this year to the Dusy!!

The run dates are 8/18-8/22. We will be running the trail from the Courtright Reservoir side out to Kaiser Pass Rd.

Let's meet at the staging area near the Pumphouse and expect to be on the trail by 8am.

The plan is to take a full day at one of the lakes to enjoy the hiking and fishing.

Radio of choice will be GMRS.

This is a VERY DIFFICULT trail so there are going to have to be some basic requirements for people to join. You MUST have RATED recovery points front AND back, some form of communication (CB, HAM, GRMS), at least 33s so we can drag you over the rocks, lockers are HIGHLY recommended (again we can drag you through if we have to), a winch is also HIGHLY recommended, recovery gear is a big plus and of course you will need to bring camping gear.

Forest Service page:
[URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sierra/home/?cid=stelprdb5315989[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

HAM RADIO REPEATER INFORMATION​

Radio coverage on the Dusy is scarce. This trail very remote.

From high ground, with an open path to the west, we found these repeaters to be workable.

146.820- 141.3 / KE6JZ Shaver Lake ( best coverage )

146.790- 100 / K6JSI Meadow Lake ( http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.winsystem.org/&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw17At2y1s-hDfS9EjZnLHuy )

List of people going:
@U8MYDZT
@Fish Family JKU
@squinko

Attachments

• fseprd1042689.pdf
    335.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I would like to go if that’s ok. I am still completing my build but should be done in the next month. I’ve got an automatic, arb front and rear lockers, full savvy armor, winch, and 33in ko2s.
Sounds like a solid rig! From what I have heard 33's will make it with a little persuasion. But with good body armor and skids you will be fine. What axles are you running?

Reactions: HornedToad
Sounds like a solid rig! From what I have heard 33's will make it with a little persuasion. But with good body armor and skids you will be fine. What axles are you running?
HP 30 in the front with chromoly axles and 35 in the rear with a revolution super 35 kit, both with arb lockers, 5.13 gears.

Mine is open too. Hopefully more people chime in. I know when I mentioned it on the Nor-Cal thread people were excited. If we don't get enough traction here there is another group going from a local forum that I may try to get in on.

I'm down for this as long as my rig is up and running. This is on my bucket list of trails that I really really want to do. And I'm hoping that I'll be running by April-May so I should have time to get all the bugs worked out.

I'd like to go if my rig can get tugged through without too much drama.
I am up for the challange. ;)

Factor tow.jpg
jeep front end.jpg

I have tow points front and rear and this little side attachment if needed. :ROFLMAO:

clothes hanger clpis.jpg