Front Track Bar Clearance

@Windrac Even if you solve the trackbar issue and it’s sort of centered, you haven’t solved all your problems. You are running way too big a tire on a stock, probably sagging, suspension. That is killing all your travel. You’ve put yourself in a straight jacket and now you’re trying to uncinch it so it’s not too tight. 🤣

Even if you solve the trackbar issue and it’s sort of centered, you haven’t solved all your problems. You are running way too big a tire on a stock, probably sagging suspension. That is killing all your travel. You’ve put yourself in a straight jacket and now you’re trying to uncinch it so it’s not too tight. 🤣

Some say there is more than one way to build a Jeep.

• Haha
Reactions: ranger101 and JMT
Even if you solve the trackbar issue and it’s sort of centered, you haven’t solved all your problems. You are running way too big a tire on a stock, probably sagging suspension. That is killing all your travel. You’ve put yourself in a straight jacket and now you’re trying to uncinch it so it’s not too tight. 🤣

Have you heard of Houdini?

Allow me to elaborate:

The track bar that was on it when I bought it. The rest of the jeep was 100% stock except for the 33" KM2s, so I'm assuming it is the OEM track bar.

Not sure why the PO would change nothing except the track bar with a bone stock front end.

I agree from the partial view of the track bar in your pic that it is not stock. It also looks adjustable but clearly isn't shaped right for your set up. Possibly you can modify it with heat and length adjustment (or get a new one like the Currie). As suggested, more front end/steering pics might help (if you're not weary of this thread yet:ROFLMAO:)

I agree from the partial view of the track bar in your pic that it is not stock. It also looks adjustable but clearly isn't shaped right for your set up. Possibly you can modify it with heat and length adjustment (or get a new one like the Currie). As suggested, more front end/steering pics might help (if you're not weary of this thread yet:ROFLMAO:)

Yeah I think I'm done here. I'm going to take a crack at modifying the track bar. Depending on how well that works out, I might end up with a Curie, we'll just see how it goes.

I was honestly expecting some pretty useful input. I think I'll just ask friends of friends going forward.

Yeah I think I'm done here. I'm going to take a crack at modifying the track bar. Depending on how well that works out, I might end up with a Curie, we'll just see how it goes.

I was honestly expecting some pretty useful input. I think I'll just ask friends of friends going forward.

You got very useful input. You just don't like it.

Reactions: GPK03X
If the poor guy ever comes back after the load of help this thread has provided I'll be shocked.

"Hey I have interference..."

"Your baby's ugly and so is its best friend."

"....thanks, but about that interference?"

There is no sense throwing good money after bad. It will be one compromise after another, after another, if he continues down this path. If OP wants to continue doing so, that’s his prerogative, but instead of looking at this as bashing him, maybe some are trying to get him on a better path. Sometimes you have to cut bait and try a new line.

33’s and no lift will cause more problems than it solves. A Currie track bar is probably too long for a rig without a lift. So, if OP Bends his front, factory one, where does that leaves him? Modifying another aftermarket bar. Then if he DOES decide that he wants to lift, he has to buy another trackbar, unmodified, to fit.

Like @starkey480 said, Buying shit twice sucks. What’s worse is the time invested in DOING things twice!

Reactions: tworley and jjvw
For the 3 1/2 amigos.

1665772298332.png

• Face Palm
Reactions: JustDandee and jjvw

Sorry about that. This forum is an outstanding source of good info for TJ building and maintenance. The abrasive presentation from some members can be off putting. Its work that you wish you didn't need to do, but often filtering through the responses can uncover valuable info based on real experience which is very helpful (this thread is an example of that). Good luck.

@Windrac, just fooling around on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.

I really don’t think there’s a way through by moving the TB mount at the axle or bending it in hopes it will work without requiring another iteration. You are, of course, free to try. But be open to being realistic and people directing you toward what is best. People here are hobbyists or enthusiasts, so you walked into their territory, so to speak. I’ve been punched in the gut several times, and usually I deserved it.

Reactions: Woodrow

Call Ox and see if they have a solution.

Reactions: Tldelaney
Sorry about that. This forum is an outstanding source of good info for TJ building and maintenance. The abrasive presentation from some members can be off putting. Its work that you wish you didn't need to do, but often filtering through the responses can uncover valuable info based on real experience which is very helpful (this thread is an example of that). Good luck.

headpat.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ocho and Woodrow