Happy Columbus Day

Fair and balanced is also laughable.

👍 Maybe it wasn't 15 years ago, but it surely is laughable today. Likewise, if Trump came out with a policy saying breathing was a good thing and everybody should do it, every Democrat (except Elijah Cummings) would immediately claim that this breathing policy was horrible and absolutely no American would benefit from breathing.

👍 Maybe it wasn't 15 years ago, but it surely is laughable today. Likewise, if Trump came out with a policy saying breathing was a good thing and everybody should do it, every Democrat (except Elijah Cummings) would immediately claim that this breathing policy was horrible and absolutely no American would benefit from breathing.
Too soon? 😂

Idk, my wife has accused me of being premature on occasion...

😂

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and jjvw

To add a little here, if Trump proposed policy banning breathing, Fox would be telling everyone how bad breathing was and how brilliant this new policy is.

Just sayin

Reactions: jjvw
Isn't NPR actually bankrolled by government funds? Wouldn't that be the definition of state run media?
I can't stand NPR. Talk about a leftist agenda. They are nuts and so whiny. Nothing is ever good on that channel. I always feel like people are committing suicide left and right because they listen to NPR. Geez, they act like the world ends soon. lol Ah well to each their own.

Reactions: reddvltj
I can't stand NPR. Talk about a leftist agenda. They are nuts and so whiny. Nothing is ever good on that channel. I always feel like people are committing suicide left and right because they listen to NPR. Geez, they act like the world ends soon. lol Ah well to each their own.

Haha. Here's the thing, radio shows aren't easy. Rush Limbaugh is horrible, Glen Beck was a failure out of the gates. It is the same boring thing day after day. NPR doesn't usually hold my interest either, but I'm glad it's there (I just wish minus govn't funding) for those who enjoy it.

The Gulf coast has a syndicated regional morning program called Walton and Johnson. I have been listening for 30 years now and they mix news, politics, current events and satire. The political opinions are mostly Libertarian, but the show is not largely about politics. They have an app where you can listen to past shows. Other than that, I like music on my radio

You must listen to a different NPR than I do.

I was refraining on commenting directly on NPR for that very reason. I have not listened enough to form an opinion on it. Every radio station has multiple programs, some good, some not so good.

For instance, the station that broadcasts Walton and Johnson broadcasts Glen Beck also. They are completely different viewpoints and I promptly switch stations when W&J is over cause I have no desire to listen to Beck. I wouldn't form an opinion on the entire station based on his show alone.

FWIW, I used to be a Democrat only a few months ago I became an independent. I can no longer vote in the primary. Kind of sucks.

Since I don't trust any news source at all because I have seen too many lies in every direction I just look at headlines and if it is of interest I dig to see if I can figure out some sort of truth in it. At this point I have very little hope in finding any real stories.

Kind of sucks I can't watch any of the late show hosts either. They all are left wing to the max because Hollywood is. I swear being left became the party of hating people in general and the US. Odd group.

Nope. They just talk about everything negative feeding the people that hate people. I hear plenty of it in my city. I can't take listening to that crap. Bunch of whiny babies reporting on how bad everything is all the time. Have they ever said anything positive about Trump in any way? Did they speak the same about Obama? Hardly. The media is for the most part run by the ultra left and so are our colleges. Keep an eye on this crap. Arm yourselves.

You were a Democrat? Up until a few months ago? I've said before that I don't always now what some of these labels mean anymore. I still don't.

I'm no Trump fan-boy but damn, they pin some shit on him that makes me laugh. If he is responsible for every hate crime on his watch, then so is every other president. The hypocrisy is really overwhelming. If they want to investigate the crap out of every administration, including their private life, fine. Where were these ding dongs for the previous administrations?

The tears are gonna fall when he is reelected. And the media will just accuse 90% of Americans of being idiots.

I'm kinda pulling for Tulsi, but the DNC ain't going to let that happen.

Last edited:
You were a Democrat? Up until a few months ago? I've said before that I don't always now what some of these labels mean anymore. I still don't.

A democrat all my voting life. No more.

I am not into hate and I see hate on both sides to the point I can no longer be part of such groups. I am an Independent. Good enough. Not sure who I will vote for a year from now. Doesn't look very good overall. I suspect Trump will win since the other side looks like a bunch of morons. Geez!

Reactions: Bofa-Deez
Fair enough. Nothing wrong with Independent. You just don't read like a recently former lifelong Dem.

Personally, I think the labels are as corrosive as anything wrong with society today. The tribalism is getting out of control, this includes conservatism and liberalism. The blanket terms do not work. Depending on who I am with and what the topic is, I can be the raging liberal or the conservative Philistine and I often make an effort to play devil's advocate for things I don't agree with.

I'm no Trump fan-boy but damn, they pin some shit on him that makes me laugh. If he is responsible for every hate crime on his watch, then so is every other president. The hypocrisy is really overwhelming. If they want to investigate the crap out of every administration, including their private life, fine. Where were these ding dongs for the previous administrations?

The tears are gonna fall when he is reelected. And the media will just accuse 90% of Americans of being idiots.

I'm kinda pulling for Tulsi, but the DNC ain't going to let that happen.
There are 2 equal and opposite branches, ones job is to investigate the other, nothing unique here.
Trumps charity and his university sure were stellar examples of fraud.

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with Independent. You just don't read like a recently former lifelong Dem.

Personally, I think the labels are as corrosive as anything wrong with society today. The tribalism is getting out of control, this includes conservatism and liberalism. The blanket terms do not work. Depending on who I am with and what the topic is, I can be the raging liberal or the conservative Philistine and I often make an effort to play devil's advocate for things I don't agree with.

Yeah, I am just very disappointed in my old party. I always had an Independent mindset, but in PA you can't vote in the primary if you are an Independent. Therefore, I was a democrat. I am not on board with Trump and his damn ego, but I feel some of his policies are good. Some aren't. Wish he was more quiet, but he is Trump and always will be himself. I sort of respect that as he isn't fake. I also don't think he is some lier type. Just someone who exaggerates and will say about anything for a vote. Gets him in trouble, but he isn't just planing some lie. Just speaks a lot without thinking about it enough. At least that is how I feel. If you are talking to a far left, they hate him so much you can discuss anything at all. The would hate it all even if they agreed. Can't be a part of hate like that. No my nature.

There are 2 equal and opposite branches, ones job is to investigate the other, nothing unique here.
Trumps charity and his university sure were stellar examples of fraud.

I'll just give you that one and see you a "Clinton foundation collecting money and giving her brother Hatian contracts and paying for her daughter's wedding." Oh, with a "Obama stimulus package money going to green energy companies that payed their CEOs millions before filing bankruptcy" kicker.

During all of that, crickets from the Dem investigators. I cannot and will not defend Trump, but if you don't see the bias in the "investigative" branch, than you are not paying attention.

Yeah, I am just very disappointed in my old party. I always had an Independent mindset, but in PA you can't vote in the primary if you are an Independent. Therefore, I was a democrat. I am not on board with Trump and his damn ego, but I feel some of his policies are good. Some aren't. Wish he was more quiet, but he is Trump and always will be himself. I sort of respect that as he isn't fake. I also don't think he is some lier type. Just someone who exaggerates and will say about anything for a vote. Gets him in trouble, but he isn't just planing some lie. Just speaks a lot without thinking about it enough. At least that is how I feel. If you are talking to a far left, they hate him so much you can discuss anything at all. The would hate it all even if they agreed. Can't be a part of hate like that. No my nature.

That's funny cause even the Dems used to be Democrats. Remember when they were all against war? Now the President is directly responsible for slaughtering Kurds because he refused to send troops to die. Funny, they didn't feel that way about Bush-41 back in '91

I'll just give you that one and see you a "Clinton foundation collecting money and giving her brother Hatian contracts and paying for her daughter's wedding." Oh, with a "Obama stimulus package money going to green energy companies that payed their CEOs millions before filing bankruptcy" kicker.

During all of that, crickets from the Dem investigators. I cannot and will not defend Trump, but if you don't see the bias in the "investigative" branch, than you are not paying attention.

Yep. Actually Trump may end up being the cleanest president as far as all that crap goes. His ego might be too big to do all that AND Trump isn't taking a salary.

I am also not a Trump fan, but I look at each thing a president does with an open mind, so I can decide if it is a good decision or not. Some of what he does I like. I wish he would be more quiet. lol

Yep. Actually Trump may end up being the cleanest president as far as all that crap goes. His ego might be too big to do all that AND Trump isn't taking a salary.

I am also not a Trump fan, but I look at each thing a president does with an open mind, so I can decide if it is a good decision or not. Some of what he does I like. I wish he would be more quiet. lol

I have to admit, in my lifetime I have never seen anyone get attacked as much as he does and still be willing to give an impromptu press conference without a teleprompter on the White House lawn with reporters. Dude sot some SERIOUS marbles. I seem to remember Obama setting up teleprompters to talk to kindergartners. There was a clear point in Trump's campaign that someone told him to shut the hell up and read from the prompters, though