Harbor Freight Roadshock LED Lights

XJCJTJ

Supporting Member
Was in the local harbor freight and noticed they have a new light bar. Brand is Roadshock, and reviews on the HF site are good. Has anyone here tried them? I’m considering them as cheap enough not to be too missed if they get stolen, but hopefully better than what’s on amazon. Though the amazon ones are about 20.00 cheaper I figure HF is better about returns if something doesn’t work.

Post some photos as well.

Just like every other LED light every made, they are obviously made in China and probably just re-branded something or another.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them. First time I've ever heard of them.

Post some photos as well.

Just like every other LED light every made, they are obviously made in China and probably just re-branded something or another.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them. First time I've ever heard of them.

I guess they’ve been out for several months. I haven’t seen them before, but they look decent.

I guess they’ve been out for several months. I haven’t seen them before, but they look decent.

Not like you can go wrong I suppose. All the ones on Amazon and eBay are all made in the same place anyways!

Just the word “Roadshock” got me intrigued. Sounds badass. Please post pictures of this awesomeness, and give us your opinion on them, because it’s the only one that matters.

Reactions: XJCJTJ
I used the floods. I tapped holes into the bumper and mounted them on top. They look pretty solid, the mount is sturdy, good cooling fins, and they run fine off the fog light switch. The wiring includes a weatherproof plug and pigtail. I just cut the stock fog light plug off and soldered the pigtail in.

Initial use in garage and a parking lot for comparison to headlights. Definitely brighter over the area, light isn’t harsh, and good area lighting. I’ll try to get a picture at night to show effectiveness in an open area. Because they are floods, the headlights shine farther, but no where close to the intensity.

0fef5d98a1903c96ba16b883163f8bf6.jpg

bf8dc0847dfeba2d49a8199b897ad5fe.jpg

I’ve thought about a pair of these for a while now, as my 2006 fogs are beyond broken. I may finally pull the trigger on them for the summer season since the pair is cheaper than the made in US ones that I’d prefer (black oak looked like premium options I’m not convinced are worth it).

I’ve thought about a pair of these for a while now, as my 2006 fogs are beyond broken. I may finally pull the trigger on them for the summer season since the pair is cheaper than the made in US ones that I’d prefer (black oak looked like premium options I’m not convinced are worth it).

They include a plug and pigtail. In theory it won’t be hard to swap out if it has a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Subbed for future outcome. Been thinking about a different set myself. I have two sets of stock fogs but I just don't like them so they are going to take a trip and I'm going to invest in a nice LED pair,

So a quick run through the desert tonight and found that the lights give much better overall light than the headlights. Partly because they are floods. Doing the same speed and route was possible without them, but it felt like being in a tunnel when I turned them off.

Very cool! Just like all the other LED lights out there, they're made in China anyways ;)

That being said, I'm glad you like them.

Reactions: XJCJTJ
Very cool! Just like all the other LED lights out there, they're made in China anyways ;)

That being said, I'm glad you like them.

They look sturdy enough for the money. They don't feel cheap like most of the things in HF. Time will tell. I may get a couple more for backup lights. I was going to use some rock lights, but 1 of these would be better than the ones I have for that.

Reactions: Chris
Anecdotally, it seems that once HF established a foothold in the US market about a dozen years ago or so, their product quality/durability has increased some too. Never going to beat a snap-on or craftsman, though.

Reactions: XJCJTJ and Chris