Help with the SwayLOC

I am currently running the Currie A/R and looking to up grade to the Swayloc. I like air actuated version but not sure it will work with my current setup. When I turn my wheels all the way it looks like should be no clearance problems. But if you look at my A/R you can where the tires rub at full articulation and full turn. So I am concerned that the air actuator will get knocked off.

I would like to hear from anyone that is running the air version.

Thanks

View attachment 336719

View attachment 336718

View attachment 336720

I run the sway lock with air actuator. I run 35x12.5x15 Cooper tires. It will rub full stuff full left turn. I was cycling suspension and found the only way to clearance it was leg then the arm and add 2 washers under the steering stop. I did not like the steering spacers as it cut down on the turning radius too much. The long links also soften the bar, in the end I removed the steering stop washers and shortened the links. When I feel it rub I will turn the wheel back a bit. FYI my tires will also get into the corner of the spring towers. These picture are when I had the links long with the 2 washers behind the right steering stop.

A8B61D7A-29DF-45F5-8213-BF7E5DD1C832.jpeg

B7AC034B-8761-4D62-A9C8-8F5A8A8B684F.jpeg

CE93A7F3-34CA-4A30-863F-83D26CED8499.jpeg

1E345D9D-A0AC-4AF0-A291-ADAFC3014588.jpeg

C55E2E13-4FB2-487D-8891-7FAAF52DC724.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Please stop.

I had the ORO in my cart with my CC and CVV number filled in while trying to sell my AR to my son simultaneously. I DID NOT CLICK Pay.

I’m an emotional wreck right now 😢🙄😩😡🤯😭

Quadratec - $553.93 after tax free shipping once it's back in stock.

Reactions: JMT
Out of curiosity, simple question but the actual torsion bar is it close to the same as the AR? Meaning do you have to pull the AR one to replace with the SL one or can you just change the arms?

Out of curiosity, simple question but the actual torsion bar is it close to the same as the AR? Meaning do you have to pull the AR one to replace with the SL one or can you just change the arms?

It's a completely different arm setup. You have change the whole thing. The off road sway bar setting is close to the AR sway bar rate. The street setting is much stiffer.

It's also very nice to just flip a lever while the rest of the group is dealing with pins, sway bar disconnects and hammers if they don't have an AR.

Reactions: Plumber1

The SL uses a torsion bar inside a torsion tube. The inner torsion bar is very comparable to the AR.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I have/had the SwayLoc and air cylinder on mine because with the AiRock it's integrated into the system and unlocks when I selected off-road mode.

I never had rubbing issues but my front axle isn't stock so I can't help there. I did this on one trip but never figured out why.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/wildm...bd1e79/p/708634ac-9a82-40c6-91af-6694d30e7bf2]

View attachment 336732[/URL]

https://app.photobucket.com/u/wildm...bd1e79/p/24fa4f34-b6ee-4016-bab8-98620bb0c347]View attachment 336733[/URL]

I've got one I'm going to be selling at some point. PM me if you want the info on it.

Are you saying you will be selling a whole swayloc setup or just the air portion?

JJ - since I believe you ran the anti rock as well, does the swayloc stick out farther from the passenger side frame than the antirock? I would think it does, but I don’t know for sure.
It has to stick out further since it has essentially two arms that are 1/2" thick instead of one 3/4" arm at the end of the tube.

The SwayLoc has two shafts whereas the AR has one. SwayLoc utilizes one smaller diameter solid shaft that nests inside of a larger hollow shaft. Having two shafts gives the ability to run on just the small shaft or both shafts together. Another difference is the newer version of SwayLoc doesn't use splines like the AR employs.

So the simple answer is yes, you replace everything AR.

I dont think it really matters if it rubs. Obviously the company would not have designed it the way they did and had mass sells if this was a major issue. By this time in one’s build they are used to the front tires rubbing an AR, shock towers, et al. Without issue. If it bothers you add some washers to the steering stops.

Or just turn back slightly when you hear it.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep