Ideal setup for 33 inch tires?

No spacers. I was on a 2" budget boost from the PO previously. I already had put in longer RS5000X because I couldn't handle the shitty Skyjackers from the PO, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for springs yet. After doing some research and talking to some people here, I decided to just go for it.

My philosophy that if I ever want to up the lift an inch or so, I can probably just get away with spacers front and rear, for a while at least. With shorter springs up front I would be stacking spacers or the like which I want to avoid.

Here is a picture of the Jeep on the 2" budget boost on top of super saggy stock springs. In both pictures a Savvy 1.25" body lift is also already installed.

View attachment 127536
Well I ordered the 3” springs so I guess I can wait and see. No real rush to throw them in. I like the way yours turned out so I will likely swap them.

Reactions: JMT and 2006TJ1
Thanks! Currently 2” BDS springs. 0.75” spacer in the front. Winch with stock bumper. To be fair, I believe that pic was taken when I got back from tire mount and I didn’t have the back seat in. I also don’t plan to run my hardtop anymore as I’m currently trying to sell it. The 3” front BDS springs should be here Thursday. Apparently some of those who run BDS springs do the 3”/2” combo and it levels it out nicely. I just finished installing my Savvy BL just now so I’m curious to see what it looks like prior to the front springs swap.
Pics with Savvy BL?

yeah, you may like the 3”/2”

Pics with Savvy BL?

yeah, you may like the 3”/2”
Haven’t got any pics outside yet as it was already dark when I finished up. I just read your thread about the filler hose reaching the hole so I still have to do that. Only pics I got so far is the install itself.

Edit: just put in my last minute cyber Monday order for the UCF extra clearance skid. So that’s the final piece thank god. My wallet hurts. November was rough.

EC534405-0105-4495-94C2-7026C9D306EA.jpeg

49292B39-A49A-4FDC-9557-6D35BD6FD53F.jpeg

Reactions: primetime4 and JMT
Haven’t got any pics outside yet as it was already dark when I finished up. I just read your thread about the filler hose reaching the hole so I still have to do that. Only pics I got so far is the install itself.

Edit: just put in my last minute cyber Monday order for the UCF extra clearance skid. So that’s the final piece thank god. My wallet hurts. November was rough.

View attachment 127554

View attachment 127555
Looks good! Warn Rock sliders look good too! Garage floor looks fantastic!

Good posts here , lots of experienced guys.

Its pretty stunning how 33's and lockers on both ends make technical rock climbs look so easy .

I love the look of 3.5 -4" of lift on 33's , but I like jeeps so much , I can find a reason to like about any of them .

I recieved my 3-3.5 "(ain't sure) Zone lift that Extreme Terrain put on sale last week for $102 dollars , with gas charged shocks .

I have that Kit on my 06 and it is really a nice riding , capable TJR.

I bought it for the springs for my 03, and possibly the shocks ...but "HOG" didn't get his order for one filled , and he has no lift , but is ready ...so I'm going to let him have it . Keep an eye out for him , he's doing some cool stuff to his.

Last edited:
Good posts here , lots of experienced guys.

Its pretty stunning how 33's and lockers on both ends make technical rock climbs look so easy .

I love the look of 3.5 -4" of lift on 33's , but I like jeeps so much , I can find a reason to like about any of them .

I recieved my 3-3.5 "(ain't sure) Zone lift that Extreme Terrain put on sale last week for $102 dollars , with gas charged shocks .

I have that Kit on my 06 and it is really a nice riding , capable TJR.

I bought it for the springs for my 03, and possibly the shocks ...but "HOG" didn't get his order for one filled , and he has no lift , but is ready ...so I'm going to let him have it . Keep an eye out for him , he's doing some cool stuff to his.
$102??? Geez that is cheap

Reactions: rasband
Geez I think my driveway is playing games with my eyes. @JMT heres a pic with the body lift. And as you can see there’s no more harsh rake. Maybe it was a combination of putting the back seat in and parking on flatter ground? Maybe bad angles? Either way I’ll stick with this setup. Guess I’ll be sending the 3” coils back🙄.
D18EAA23-2073-4BC0-BC51-B6BC5E45A300.jpeg

I've got 2"jks system and 1" body with 33s on 8.5" prime wheels with trimmed stock fenders. Very happy with the ride (grand Cherokee smooth) I also plan on the tuck. Modified front Cherokee drive shaft in the rear & sye.

I've got 2"jks system and 1" body with 33s on 8.5" prime wheels with trimmed stock fenders. Very happy with the ride (grand Cherokee smooth) I also plan on the tuck. Modified front Cherokee drive shaft in the rear & sye.
Are you planning on doing a hack & tap then using the Cherokee shaft?

Geez I think my driveway is playing games with my eyes. @JMT heres a pic with the body lift. And as you can see there’s no more harsh rake. Maybe it was a combination of putting the back seat in and parking on flatter ground? Maybe bad angles? Either way I’ll stick with this setup. Guess I’ll be sending the 3” coils back🙄.
View attachment 128191
That looks amazing.

Reactions: jazngab
Really like those wheels.
Thanks🤙🏾

That looks amazing.
Thanks! I’m happy how it turned out now that the imaginary rake is gone. Now waiting for my UCF extra clearance skid to come in for the last piece of the puzzle. And taking care of this PITA MML. Currently driving shroudless until I can get it to the shop.

last piece of the puzzle....
huh. Yeah, right. Where did I read that quote, “After this mod, I’ll be done...I swear!”

I think I’ll have me some of those Rubicon Extreme Moab wheels one day for my rig, in the graphite, will look fantastic like yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: jazngab
huh. Yeah, right. Where did I read that quote, “After this mod, I’ll be done...I swear!”

I think I’ll have me some of those Rubicon Extreme Moab wheels one day for my rig, in the graphite, will look fantastic as yours looks.
Well 33s was a bit of work, more than I thought. And doing the SYE, I kind of stumbled into a mild tummy tuck lol.
I think I’m “done” until next winter. But I honestly think I’m done. Last two winters have been expensive. But in all honesty, not sure what else I could do from here. I’m happy where it’s at. Just want to drive and wheel more, and just enjoy it.

You can use YJ brake lines. They’re cheaper
I was looking at buying a set of YJ brake lines for my 05 TJ, but the advanced auto page has two sets for the front, an Extended set and a Standard length. They also only show the non ABS lines. Did 05 TJ come with ABS systems? Do I need to worry about that ? I have a 3.25” lift.

I was looking at buying a set of YJ brake lines for my 05 TJ, but the advanced auto page has two sets for the front, an Extended set and a Standard length. They also only show the non ABS lines. Did 05 TJ come with ABS systems? Do I need to worry about that ? I have a 3.25” lift.

ABS was an optional add on, an easy check is to see if the tray below the brake booster is empty (no ABS).