Making the jump to 35s

Revolution gears and axles and arb only prob I ever had was driver error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same limitation is there with the 35 behind the tailgate right? I haven't measured, but I believe a 40 will fit between the rear inner tub wells. I would think a 35 would fit without much issue.

Big factor here is no rear passengers.

So lower it. The post was just for fab ideas/different angle of thinking.

Reactions: EzPeezy
Well I am making the jump to 35s. my current set up is Currie savvy 4 inch lift super 35 super 30 with arbs 4.56 sye Tom woods driveshaft ZJ steering upgrade. Plans are 1.25 bl tc shifter cable Barnes tummy tuck. I need advice on spare tire carrier. I am doing poison spider cage upgrade oh and Dana 30 hp any other suggestions would be appreciated

Also I would suggest a stretch with 35’s on a TJ. Not a must, but it would be beneficial.

Same limitation is there with the 35 behind the tailgate right? I haven't measured, but I believe a 40 will fit between the rear inner tub wells. I would think a 35 would fit without much issue.

Big factor here is no rear passengers.

So lower it. The post was just for fab ideas/different angle of thinking.

My 35" barely fits between the wheel wells at around 22 PSI. You could probably get a 37" to fit if you aired down quite a ways, but I'm not sure about a 40". I'm considering moving my spare to the trunk to get rid of some weight so this was my test fit to see how it would all go together. Obviously it would fit forward and aft if I removed the rear seat, but this was just a side to side test. Definitely doable and a good modification if done correctly.

We seem to do some of the same Trails, I do Sour Grass, Deer Valley and Slick Rock a few times a year. I have done the Rubicon a few times, drove all the way to do the Dusy and found my jeep and a issues and had to haul it all the way back to the Bay.

Now I do like having 35's or the 33's I had on my YJ

I am gonna try to run deer valley and slick rock next week while I am off work any time you would like to run them lemme know I am always down to go wheeling

My 35" barely fits between the wheel wells at around 22 PSI. You could probably get a 37" to fit if you aired down quite a ways, but I'm not sure about a 40". I'm considering moving my spare to the trunk to get rid of some weight so this was my test fit to see how it would all go together. Obviously it would fit forward and aft if I removed the rear seat, but this was just a side to side test. Definitely doable and a good modification if done correctly.

View attachment 103711
Pushed up to utilize the well inner reliefs (manufacture dependent) it will fit a 38 inch spare.

Again, at the expense of space for gear while on the floor, why I suggested the weld in “floating” mount, as well as the lost ability for rear passengers.

It was just an idea.

Pushed up to utilize the well inner reliefs (manufacture dependent) it will fit a 38 inch spare.

Yes, but how do you plan to get the tire out then? I wanted to make sure I could slide the tire all the way back through the tail gate so I could store gear and such on top of it. I wouldn't want to have to completely unload the Jeep in order to rotate the tire to roll it out the back.

If I was running a tire large enough to where I couldn't slide it out the back, I wouldn't be running a spare at all.
The spare would be sitting on the trailer.

Yes, but how do you plan to get the tire out then? I wanted to make sure I could slide the tire all the way back through the tail gate so I could store gear and such on top of it. I wouldn't want to have to completely unload the Jeep in order to rotate the tire to roll it out the back.

If I was running a tire large enough to where I couldn't slide it out the back, I wouldn't be running a spare at all.
The spare would be sitting on the trailer.
Not to argue, but your reply is a bit contradicting. Youre a fan of being able to slide it right out of the tub yet, you're going to pile gear on top of it, only to have to move all of it to get to it. Yet you stated you didnt want to have to unload everything to push the spare up and roll it out. But you said you would put stuff on top of your spare. Which would cause unloading to get to your spare anyway. I get it, they are heavy at that size and bigger.

I see your points.

Not to argue, but your reply is a bit contradicting. Youre a fan of being able to slide it right out of the tub yet, you're going to pile gear on top of it, only to have to move all of it to get to it. But complain about not being able to slide anything bigger than a 35 out of the reliefs.

But I see your points.

I wouldn't just chuck gear on top of the tire. I thought that would be fairly obvious. If you're going to run a tire in the trunk, you need a shelf or basket (Genright makes one) just above the spare where you can secure bags. There would also be room behind the front seats to neatly tuck a backpack or two into. I run most of my gear in backpacks, so I would probably secure my tools in the basket and my recovery gear behind the rear seats, wedged between the tub - tire - seat to make it neat and easily accessible.

Well I am making the jump to 35s. my current set up is Currie savvy 4 inch lift super 35 super 30 with arbs 4.56 sye Tom woods driveshaft ZJ steering upgrade. Plans are 1.25 bl tc shifter cable Barnes tummy tuck. I need advice on spare tire carrier. I am doing poison spider cage upgrade oh and Dana 30 hp any other suggestions would be appreciated

Check out DIRTWORX bumper w/ tire carriers. Couple different options at a good price