Mikes LJR

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm looking at using the same Kicker sub to replace my torn factory sub and was wondering if your driving it with the factory amp still?
I've been running the predecessor to that speaker with the factory sub for going on ten years. It's not going to rattle your license plate but it's a nice replacement for the money.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm looking at using the same Kicker sub to replace my torn factory sub and was wondering if your driving it with the factory amp still?
Yeah, I need to update the build thread more often. I am still using the Kicker sub with factory amp and aftermarket stereo. Love it. Maybe I just dont know what I'm missing but until I hear one that is significantly better I will be staying with the factory amp.

I've been running the predecessor to that speaker with the factory sub for going on ten years. It's not going to rattle your license plate but it's a nice replacement for the money.
Yeah, I need to update the build thread more often. I am still using the Kicker sub with factory amp and aftermarket stereo. Love it. Maybe I just dont know what I'm missing but until I hear one that is significantly better I will be staying with the factory amp.

Good news. Thanks for the quick response. I'm not looking for anything serious at all since I mainly only drive mine off road now and trailer to the trails. The space is already allocated for a sub, I'd just like it to work :LOL:

Reactions: L J