Washington Naches / Funny Rocks

That just might work but could only wheel Fri and Saturday.

1AE231E6-5166-4441-99EB-ADC8A07610A0.jpeg

I am good for either late Friday (get out of work at 4) or Saturday. I am still pretty stock but will go where I can.
(edit) ok just read back through a few pages. Naches looks like a cool trip, but I need to stay a bit closer to home for the same financial reasons you all have already mentioned. Between the fuel and extra camping gear I would have to buy, I am limited to local excursions for the time being. (/edit)

Last edited:
I didn’t name a location (though this is in the Funny Rocks/Naches area thread), but I’m good going to the W side. I’ve never wheeled at Reiter or any of the ORV’s over there.

Reactions: reddvltj
I went ahead and ordered the Autowbrake. Found a used like new one for $292 + tax. Really great that it can be used with any vehicle. Thanks so much for the idea. This will give me some peace of mind. It weighs 1875’ish dry, so it is close to the limit. Tongue weight is going to exceed 200lb, so I’m not too happy about that.

Glad I could help. I started looking at those kind of brake controllers when the folks wanted to start using my enclosed trailer with their JKU.

You could mitigate the tongue weight with a WDH (weight distribution hitch) which would also help control trailer sway.. Don't want the tail to wag the dog!!

These are way cheaper than the ones used for bigger truck and trailer combinations
$276.65
https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dis...zDfliDJsDsptRm3tEJOwS3jx0YloEihhoCTr0QAvD_BwE

$176.77
https://www.campingworld.com/pro-se...DF9FB8VMO-978m8VePhoCUGgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reactions: JMT
Let’s plan to wheel Thursday July 21, 22, and/or 23! I’m up for 1 or more days, just have to be back home Saturday evening.

Summer’s short. Carpe Diem

@tombicon
@DaveF
@Mumblewood
@Wildman
@All 4 Wheelin'
@Vasq
@Squatch
@kiwi
@KJT
@voodooridr
@steelhd
@chudlet

and, last but not least

@B00mb00m 🤫

Sadly can't make those dates. Wife's birthday weekend, out of town.
😒
But, as long as I'm not already pre-engaged somewhere else, I'll definitely try to meet any other dates.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
So what are you thinking for those days? I have to get some things set in stone... or make other plans.

I don’t know anything from experience about trails West of Spokane. I’d like to do Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks. I’d also like to go to some of the ORV parks like Reiter. I don’t know any of the others because we moved here just before Covid and everything on the West side was crazy, so we avoided it, so I would like to know what the ORV options are over there.

I don’t know anything from experience about trails West of Spokane. I’d like to do Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks. I’d also like to go to some of the ORV parks like Reiter. I don’t know any of the others because we moved here just before Covid and everything on the West side was crazy, so we avoided it, so I would like to know what the ORV options are over there.

west side near me the closest are Reiter, Walker Valley, and then Tahuya... farther south is evans creek, Elbe, and out farther on the peninsula is Sadie Creek.

My club has a pretty good list of WA wheeling spots... https://timbertamers.org/washington-trails-and-orv-parks/

Reiter/Walker/Tahuya are the three I'm most familiar with by a large margin. If the idea was to wheel over hear I could easily guide through Those three, or we could go down to Elbe for some adventure lol, if doing Naches... I know a bit, enough to be trouble :D,the Manastash side I haven't done yet.

Reactions: reddvltj and JMT
west side near me the closest are Reiter, Walker Valley, and then Tahuya... farther south is evans creek, Elbe, and out farther on the peninsula is Sadie Creek.

My club has a pretty good list of WA wheeling spots... https://timbertamers.org/washington-trails-and-orv-parks/

Reiter/Walker/Tahuya are the three I'm most familiar with by a large margin. If the idea was to wheel over hear I could easily guide through Those three, or we could go down to Elbe for some adventure lol, if doing Naches... I know a bit, enough to be trouble :D,the Manastash side I haven't done yet.

That's a really good site. Lots of help. Thanks. Here are my travel times to these destinations.

Moses Lake Sand Dunes 1hr 51min
Taneum Creek 3hr 5 min (campground for Manastash Trails)
Liberty 3hr 8 min
Riders Camp 3hr 51 min (campground for Manastash Trails)
Rimrock 3hr 53min
Reiter 4hr 40min
Tonga Ridge 4h 54min (winter wheeling, probably a no go for me)
Naches
Walker
Evans Creek 5hr 29min
Tahuya 6hr 20min

My preferences for an upcoming trip are Rimrock or Reiter.

Reactions: reddvltj
6hrs 20min to get to Tahuya is not worth it for 2 climbs IMO. But those 2 climbs are tough.

I’d have to be on a 3-4 day trip or in the area for some odd reason. Love to do those two climbs though.

1 day is all you need to run every trail Tahuya both directions multiple times

“I’d a be intending to run Reiter, Walker and Evans, and dash over to Tahuya for them hill climbs.” 😉

“I’d a be intending to run Reiter, Walker and Evans, and dash over to Tahuya for them hill climbs.” 😉

Ya missed Elbe, if ya have to choose between Elbe and Tahuya, choose Elbe, it’s harder more fun, better has more trails and cheaper to get to from any of the other places you mentioned.

Ya missed Elbe, if ya have to choose between Elbe and Tahuya, choose Elbe, it’s harder more fun, better has more trails and cheaper to get to from any of the other places you mentioned.

JMT.
I live about 40 minutes from Elbe. I've been there many times, still find many trails I've not seen before. It's a very large area, and quite challenging. I hear many people say their not running Elbe again.
"It's too tough", I broke shit there:, "It's too muddy".
Lots of excuses at Elbe. It will challange you some...

Reactions: reddvltj and JMT
JMT.
I live about 40 minutes from Elbe. I've been there many times, still find many trails I've not seen before. It's a very large area, and quite challenging. I hear many people say their not running Elbe again.
"It's too tough", I broke shit there:, "It's too muddy".
Lots of excuses at Elbe. It will challange you some...

Sure. Elbe sounds great! 5hr 30min.

OK so not to be too much of a dick, but I do need to get something down and scheduled in the next day or two or the time will be taken by other things. So sounds like only JMT is on board at the moment... @JMT what would you like to do? We have a Reiter cleanup that Saturday that I will attend if no other plans, but I'm open most of the week... If you want to come wheel over here, what days would you be here and what parks do you want to do on those days?

As I said above I can lead through Reiter/Walker/Tahuya pretty well, I can also day trip, or maybe camp down at Elbe/Evens creek though those are long days. Just need a concrete plan :)

OK so not to be too much of a dick, but I do need to get something down and scheduled in the next day or two or the time will be taken by other things. So sounds like only JMT is on board at the moment... @JMT what would you like to do? We have a Reiter cleanup that Saturday that I will attend if no other plans, but I'm open most of the week... If you want to come wheel over here, what days would you be here and what parks do you want to do on those days?

As I said above I can lead through Reiter/Walker/Tahuya pretty well, I can also day trip, or maybe camp down at Elbe/Evens creek though those are long days. Just need a concrete plan :)

Dick, 🤣

What do you think about wheeling Reiter or Walker on Friday? I could drive over Thursday and camp (I’d figure that out). Then drive back late Friday or stay over again if it’s too long a day. I do have to be home on Saturday.

Another Dick. 😉