Washington Naches / Funny Rocks

Reactions: reddvltj
Ok.
Jeep home, sitting on my trailer, ready to go.
I'm in.

I’m hesitating. I know I’ll have to drive home tomorrow night. Late night, early work Sunday morning. Is anyone else going. I know I would be in trouble if I had an issue.

I’m hesitating. I know I’ll have to drive home tomorrow night. Late night, early work Sunday morning. Is anyone else going. I know I would be in trouble if I had an issue.

If you can't make it don't stress.
It would have been fun to run w you and @Wildman. I'll be at Trail Jam. Hope to meet you/see you there. I met @Wildman there last year and suspect he'll be there again this year.
I can still get out to Elbe tomorrow and play, so no stress at all.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
If you can't make it don't stress.
It would have been fun to run w you and @Wildman. I'll be at Trail Jam. Hope to meet you/see you there. I met @Wildman there last year and suspect he'll be there again this year.
I can still get out to Elbe tomorrow and play, so no stress at all.

Thanks. I think it would be stress at this point, and the goal is to have fun. I plan to hook up a brake controller so I can tow the teardrop trailer. That way I can come farther west and meet up with you guys and be more comfortable.

Thanks. I think it would be stress at this point, and the goal is to have fun. I plan to hook up a brake controller so I can tow the teardrop trailer. That way I can come farther west and meet up with you guys and be more comfortable.

I agree.
These days comfort is king. I'm searching for the right answer to be able to tow my jeep, but also have a comfortable time. I currently have a 27' TT. Can't tow that and the jeep together, and I have a burning desire to get to Moab and do the forum thing there, and the Rubicon trail, and so on.
Was starting to think, plan a diesel motor home, but Covid and our economy have damn near closed my business.
Falling back to regroup.

I agree.
These days comfort is king. I'm searching for the right answer to be able to tow my jeep, but also have a comfortable time. I currently have a 27' TT. Can't tow that and the jeep together, and I have a burning desire to get to Moab and do the forum thing there, and the Rubicon trail, and so on.
Was starting to think, plan a diesel motor home, but Covid and our economy have damn near closed my business.
Falling back to regroup.

The economy is slowing my spending on the Jeep. My conscience just says “no.” I just want to hold on to some cash for a rainy day. 😏

The economy is slowing my spending on the Jeep. My conscience just says “no.” I just want to hold on to some cash for a rainy day. 😏

That's exactly how I feel.
I usually have a nice fat Lil pile of cash. Enough to always feel comfortable. Haven't had that Lil pile of cash for about 18 months now. Getting hard for me to dream, plan, scheme anymore.
I hope it will improve, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
Reactions: tombicon
  • Haha
That would work best for me. Then I could just install a 7 point on mine and stuff it up in the wheel well and gas tank area, then pull it out to plug in the trailer mounted controller. 👍🏼

After watching the video on the last one I linked it looks like you don't need a 7 pin. You could use the tail light wire on a 4 pin flat as the power to the controller, or run a 5 pin with the 5th pin being just a 12 volt switchable/key on power.

After watching the video on the last one I linked it looks like you don't need a 7 pin. You could use the tail light wire on a 4 pin flat as the power to the controller, or run a 5 pin with the 5th pin being just a 12 volt switchable/key on power.

Watching. I already have a 4-pin.

Watching. I already have a 4-pin.

Personally, and it is just my preference, I'd run a 5th wire from a keyed circuit and just tape or ziptie it to the flat 4 and use a connector like the one below. That way you don't have to have your parking lights in for the brakes to work.

1656133515689.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1541120813...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Personally, and it is just my preference, I'd run a 5th wire from a keyed circuit and just tape or ziptie it to the flat 4 and use a connector like the one below. That way you don't have to have your parking lights in for the brakes to work.

View attachment 338954
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1541120813...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Yeah, I watched the video and he did mention just using the parking lights for power. A 5th wire would be preferable for me since it doesn’t require I turn them on. Safer. My wife may drive, or one of my kids, and they may not know or forget.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Some have the brake controller mount on the trailer instead of on the tow vehicle.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HGI9OO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I went ahead and ordered the Autowbrake. Found a used like new one for $292 + tax. Really great that it can be used with any vehicle. Thanks so much for the idea. This will give me some peace of mind. It weighs 1875’ish dry, so it is close to the limit. Tongue weight is going to exceed 200lb, so I’m not too happy about that.