California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Looks pretty challenging. How often do they run those there?

Out west here we have massive land owned by the State and Federal government. Prairie City is a state owned OHV so it’s open year round depending on rain and environmental impact. Pay the fee and have at it. This was sponsored by Metalcloak

Reactions: b0xcar
These were the runs. The left was tackled by most and lockers kick ass. The middle Alex01 ran and another guy named Indy got it too. I didn’t see anyone on the right

A3518BC1-615D-4A37-B6DE-47452F2B79B2.png

Reactions: JMT and b0xcar
Nice!

Funny... I saw my 1st 2 door JL today too. I didn't care for the look of the 2 door.

Eh it looked ok. Had good spacing stock. Talked to the guy a little bit and was trying to talk him into going up the platform obstacle. He was concerned about clearance and I told him absolutely he could take his 46k dollar Jeep and make it. Lol

Reactions: b0xcar and Alex01
Eh it looked ok. Had good spacing stock. Talk to the guy a little bit and was trying to talk him into going up the platform obstacle. He was concerned about clearance and I told him absolutely he could take his 46k dollar Jeep and make it. Lol
Dont forget the guy you found out was running 35 psi going up the rocks in his jku and wondering why he wasn't getting grip.

The 2 door on 35s looked good but the red one on 37s looked off.

Dont forget the guy you found out was running 35 psi going up the rocks in his jku and wondering why he wasn't getting grip.

The 2 door on 35s looked good but the red one on 37s looked off.

Man I was irritated lol. Jabrone was almost up and I asked his psi and a blank stare back.....35. I suggested um maybe 13-14 would be better but nope. Lol

Reactions: KCsTJ and Alex01
@Alex01 , What did you air down to? Based on the video of you crawling up 12, it looks like your tires didn't have a lot of flex. Congrats on making it up that btw. Your spotter did a lot better job of spotting than I did for Indy when he went up it.

Reactions: tomtaylz
@Alex01 , What did you air down to? Based on the video of you crawling up 12, it looks like your tires didn't have a lot of flex. Congrats on making it up that btw. Your spotter did a lot better job of spotting than I did for Indy when he went up it.
I was aired down to 12.5.

Would have helped if Indy didnt get 1/3rd the way up and stuck before you showed up.

99BB4504-2E9A-4FD8-9246-58C2275FD48C.jpeg

I was reading up on this MC JL

3.5” lift, stock 4.10s and 38’s. Say you don’t notice the gearing much with the stock 8 speed auto. JL Dana 44 apparently 30-40% stronger than the JK. A lot of flex for not a crazy lift, it looked good too.

They cost a crazy amount and won’t be easy to work on but cool to see how capable those JLs are.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT