California NorCal Jeep adventures!

We could also do another snow run if you want to do something sooner.
I'll talk to the boss later tonight and see if I can get away with it. I'm still hoping to find time to run up to your neck of the woods and have you weld on those extensions. Maybe after its done we can throw yours on the rack and tackle some of the parts you have laying around.

Did you see how strumble8, with the help of jjvw and tworley, raised his?
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/outboarded-fox-2-0-shocks-2-0-with-remote-reservoir.18155/

Looks pretty simple.

Reactions: bobthetj03
While that looks very functional, it looks like crap, lol! Not sure what they used for the filler piece. I also wonder, did they have to remove the fender to cut that in half?

Reactions: Thunderhead
While that looks very functional, it looks like crap, lol! Not sure what they used for the filler piece. I also wonder, did they have to remove the fender to cut that in half?
The weld certainly doesn't look clean. But I bet if they would have ground the edges a bit it would have looked much better.

I'm going to get my dial caliper out this weekend and measure the thickness of the mount and see what it is.

Judging from the hint of over spray on the fender I would say it stayed in place. I would assume they used an angle grinder to make the cut.

Think you'll have your trailer ready by then @Alex01 ?
As lowranger said getting it done before Hollister is the goal. I would really like to have the jeep on it before taking it to Moab. I don't think it will be to bad of a job just time consuming. To bad your not closer since I'll need to get about 2 inches per side of weld burned in to hold it back together. I'm assuming I can run it down to the local exhaust shop and have them do it.