California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Lassen already has snow on it (looking right at it from my desk), so lets get in a run (ideas) to check out Toms pickup before the X-mas tree run ?

I’m out of the country Friday-October 19th, but I would be up for a run in November probably any weekend but the first and last.

Looks really awesome man. I love that it's low key unlike 99% of the trucks I see out there on the road. Should be great for your needs for sure compared to the LJ, that thing has enough space. How's the ride quality?

Post up photos if you take that thing out in the woods.

It’s great, feels really nice and composed. You get a little bit of roughness from the rear on rough terrain as expected on the platform but nothing major. It’s a real nice cruiser especially with the diesel it does so well on the hills even with cruise control, can’t wait to get it off road.

Reactions: psrivats
Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderhead
I just moved to Los Gatos!(near San Jose) from SoCal! I'll be looking for new Jeep buddies soon!

Does anyone live near mountain view/San Jose area have a good mechanic they recommend?

Welcome to NorCal! I'm not in the Bay Area, but there are several here that are, so hopefully they can chime in. What particularly do you need done?

Welcome to NorCal! I'm not in the Bay Area, but there are several here that are, so hopefully they can chime in. What particularly do you need done?
As my Jeep gets older it seems to be better to go to older mechanics that can tackle the quirks of this type of vehicle. Right now my main thing is figuring out if I want to rebuild my engine or replaced it. 1997 4.0 with 210kmiles and a bit of a rattle starting to worry me. Something I want looked at before I go and buy anything or tear down my engine.

Also, thank your for the welcome!I now live in a redwood forest! It's so green up here!

On the trip note who is available November 9th, we could meet at the Chevron in Castella at 9am

Tom, details might get lost here, so I'd suggest starting a thread specific to the run like DrD did for the Rubicon run. Just a suggestion. This thread is great for developing interest.

I just moved to Los Gatos!(near San Jose) from SoCal! I'll be looking for new Jeep buddies soon!

Does anyone live near mountain view/San Jose area have a good mechanic they recommend?
I’m currently working in Mountain View, unfortunately I don’t know squat about the local mechanics. Welcome to the North.

What do you need done ? We usually work on lots of things ourselves.
I’m not Bay Area but just to the north of you for Norcal.

Reactions: DrDmoney
What do you need done ? We usually work on lots of things ourselves.
I’m not Bay Area but just to the north of you for Norcal.
Space is my issue. I'm looking for a space to rent to work on projects and my Jeep. I work on what I can. It's much harder to do you own work living in/close to major cities if you don't have a garage.

I’m currently working in Mountain View, unfortunately I don’t know squat about the local mechanics. Welcome to the North.
That's awesome! We should meet up sometime or plan a local trip!

Space is my issue. I'm looking for a space to rent to work on projects and my Jeep. I work on what I can. It's much harder to do you own work living in/close to major cities if you don't have a garage.

Ah ! Same issue as @tomtaylz. He probably has some insight

Sounds good, I don’t live in the Bay Area, just building a new HQ for a search engine that I’m not allowed to speak of on social media whose name rhymes with boogle. Sounds like the guys are putting something together for November now.