California NorCal Jeep adventures!

HMM, in that case I am thinking the route you ran today may be more Fun for my run this weekend at least I would have dirt if I strike out on snow.

there’s a storm coming in Friday night Saturday morning that should hit Redding and most of Mendocino national Forest so you’re probably pretty pretty good on snow

Hey @Thunderhead, have you been up to Black Butte Mt. ? I realize you can't make it to the summit, but there is a trail that should get you to 7000ft. It's the tallest mountain in all of Mendocino National Forest, but I'm sure you knew that, lol!

honestly I’ll have to look that up on Black Butte mountain is it’s different than my black butte lake lol

• Haha
Reactions: bobthetj03
there’s a storm coming in Friday night Saturday morning that should hit Redding and most of Mendocino national Forest so you’re probably pretty pretty good on snow
Man, looking at the forecast snow will be looking pretty good from the 11th - 18th. Kind of sad i will be out of town for that one.

For my run on the 4th think i am going to do the fh7 run towards Anthony's peak and see how it goes. If anyone wants to follow I will be gassing up at the chevron in willows 1250 w wood street at 9 am. I have a feeling U.T.C. will either lack snow or be really icy.

Man, looking at the forecast snow will be looking pretty good from the 11th - 18th. Kind of sad i will be out of town for that one.

For my run on the 4th think i am going to do the fh7 run towards Anthony's peak and see how it goes. If anyone wants to follow I will be gassing up at the chevron in willows 1250 w wood street at 9 am. I have a feeling U.T.C. will either lack snow or be really icy.

Good Luck Mark, if i wasn't going to be halfway across Nevada I would join you.
Have you been up the FH7?
Once you hit gravel there are 2 roads to the left and 2 roads to the right and 1 right up the middle, that's the F7. As you come to other "landings" as I call them just stay on the middle road and you'll be good. After the 4th landing you'll want to stay to the left ( there is a F7 sign ) then after that the main road is very clear up to PM and beyond to the Mendocino Pass intersection

Mark, if you can make it to PM, if you go a bit further on the F7 there is the 22N26 FSR. to the left. It dead ends, but I hear it's sporty and gets you close to the summit of Black Butte Mt. 7000+ft.

Good Luck Mark, if i wasn't going to be halfway across Nevada I would join you.
Have you been up the FH7?
Once you hit gravel there are 2 roads to the left and 2 roads to the right and 1 right up the middle, that's the F7. As you come to other "landings" as I call them just stay on the middle road and you'll be good. After the 4th landing you'll want to stay to the left ( there is a F7 sign ) then after that the main road is very clear up to PM and beyond to the Mendocino Pass intersection

Yeah been up that way actually on last years failed snow run where we only got snow at the very top. I actually have that run saved in my gps and i can put pm and Anthony's peak in my gps and it will route it. Shout out to the insane audio head unit and there nav program

Yeah been up that way actually on last years failed snow run where we only got snow at the very top. I actually have that run saved in my gps and i can put pm and Anthony's peak in my gps and it will route it. Shout out to the insane audio head unit and there nav program

We made 2 runs that year, once up the M-4 to Log Springs and then we went up to Sugar Spring where my mother and father in law where at. I remember you on this run
The other run up FH7 we hit plasket meadows, Atchison and Wells Cabin before going on to AP

Reactions: tomtaylz
Good times brah!
DSCN0747.JPG

DSCN0735.JPG

Reactions: Daryl and tomtaylz
We made 2 runs that year, once up the M-4 to Log Springs and then we went up to Sugar Spring where my mother and father in law where at. I remember you on this run
The other run up FH7 we hit plasket meadows, Atchison and Wells Cabin before going on to AP
I believe you are correct I was part of the m4 run which is similar this is the route i am looking at taking.

I may check out 22n26 FSR depending on the time it takes to get up to PM

Thanks to all for the good info.https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Wil...810!2m2!1d-122.845772!2d39.728513!3e0!5m1!1e4

I believe you are correct I was part of the m4 run which is similar this is the route i am looking at taking.

I may check out 22n26 FSR depending on the time it takes to get up to PM

Thanks to all for the good info.https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Wil...810!2m2!1d-122.845772!2d39.728513!3e0!5m1!1e4

Have fun up there tomorrow Mark and be safe. Just an FYI, I don't know if you or @fly boy surf Jeep JK forums much, but the guy that built and runs this forum, @Chris, also has a JK forum he put together recently if you guys want to check it out.
https://wranglerjkforum.net/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx5HamP3n5gIVlRx9Ch0hRgdMEAAYASAAEgLGdfD_BwELots of great tech on there, and a friendly platform.

Reactions: Indy