California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Soon as we can!

Still snowed in right now I am pretty positive. Have not been up to check since quarantine.

Anyone else not get updates from this thread consistently?
I only get updates sometimes but only when im active on this thread. Itll be snowed in pretty good up there, there was a pretty strong storm a few weeks ago and according to my weather app itll be snowing for most of the next week.

Maybe Cow Mt. is open? Mendocino National is open, I know that much.
All of MNF is closed. All the campsites are closed which is some of biggest bullshit I've ever seen. We didn't see anyone up there last weekend, but they posted a little note on the campsites on why they are closed. Undeveloped camp sites are still ok though....

• Sad
Reactions: Justin Homan
All of MNF is closed. All the campsites are closed which is some of biggest bullshit I've ever seen. We didn't see anyone up there last weekend, but they posted a little note on the campsites on why they are closed. Undeveloped camp sites are still ok though....

Agreed I am pretty sure camp sites are more than 6 feet apart...

That's just dumb!

Another thread has me rethinking 2 way communication on the trail. Does anyone here use GMRS radios, and have a licence to use the appropriate channels?

Reactions: lowranger
@Alex01, I know you recently got your HAM license. What radio did you end up getting, and can you also access GMRS channels and use the repeaters? $70 for a GMRS licence with no test, or $15 for a HAM licence pending passing the test. The GMRS licence is for the whole family vs. the individual or radio location for HAM.

Reactions: lowranger
@Alex01, I know you recently got your HAM license. What radio did you end up getting, and can you also access GMRS channels and use the repeaters? $70 for a GMRS licence with no test, or $15 for a HAM licence pending passing the test. The GMRS licence is for the whole family vs. the individual or radio location for HAM.
I bought a cheap hand held off amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0772FYKK8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I haven't played with it much but I'm fairly confident it can hit repeaters, i believe all of them have that ability, and has gmrs.