Offending my skinny white American girl daughter (or am I a racist?)

I remember this one from a couple years ago. H&M had a kid model this shirt (or at least that’s how my simple mind saw it) and the internet blew up over it. I couldn’t understand why until I read an article about the uproar. At the time, it baffled me that someone read into a clothing ad this deep. I would ask who the hell has time to decipher stuff like this, but it’s painfully obvious that the wheel of social justice never sleeps.
68732680-60F5-4B8A-AE8F-609848FFA5C9.jpeg

P.S. My family and I all call each other retards and faggots, and have for years. If anything, they’re terms of endearment at this point 😉

• Haha
Reactions: L J
^ that is a small example of ethnocentrism, when us citizens refer to the U.S as America

wrong

The U.S. is America and America is the U.S. in all rationally minded humans. Additionally, U.S. citizenship is not an ethnicity.

America is the whole continet. North, central and south.

wrong

America is not a continent. The seven continents are:

Europe
North America
South America
Africa
Australia
Asia
Antarctica

For example, Uruguay Citizens could be called Americans too and it would be right.

wrong

An American is a citizen of the United States of AMERICA.

But if they tell a regular us citizen that they are Americans, they would not comprehend it very well and probably would start rambling about how they are the only Americans.

The Uruguayan would be the one rambling on about some third world/communist propaganda.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apparition
The U.S. is America and America is the U.S. in all rationally minded humans. Additionally, U.S. citizenship is not an ethnicity.

The United states of America is in America, but The U.S. by itself is not America. Im no saying that is wrong to call yourself an American, the thing is that it is not exclusively from the United States as most people think it is.

America is not a continent. The seven continents are:

Europe
North America
South America
Africa
Australia
Asia
Antarctica

Thats the way its thought in most english speaking nations. But in other Parts of the world is thought as The Americas being one continent divided in north, south and Central. If we go by definition, there would be only 4.

Heres more info:
https://www.worldometers.info/geography/continents/

An American is a citizen of the United States of AMERICA.

American is a Layman term, its easier than U.S. Citizen and it is in the countries name, but an American is also someone born in the Americas, if you want to be specific, you could called them Southern, Northen or Central American. For example, if you were born in The Congo and a friend in Nigeria, you both would be African.

When you look in the U.S. passport, under Nationality it says: United States of America.

The Uruguayan would be the one rambling on about some third world/communist propaganda.

You just prove my point by saying “wrong” to everything and going straight to the commie cliche when referring to a foreign country . This is not even about that. Is about someone from X nation thinking that they are superior to the people of Y nations just because. Evaluating other cultures using your own as a meter. that is something thats been going around for centuries, even before the new world was discovered. Countries invaded other countries because of it.
And im thinking if that is the root of racism, or thats a consequence of racism.

And some fyi before someone gets the idea that im Teen tree huging bernie fan, I served in the U.S. Army as a 15U for some years.

Last edited:
I think a lot of it is generational obviously.

I was talking with my step-dad the other day about how when we grew up in school we always referred to something that was lame as being "gay".

I have absolutely nothing whatsoever against anyone who is gay. So when we were saying it, it's not like we were saying it to actually try and offend someone who was homosexual. We were just young kids, and that's what we grew up saying.

Nowadays if you were to say that in most schools you would be expelled.

In my mind it really depends on the tone and context in which someone us using a word. I never intend to be hurtful, but it also doesn't help that we now live in the most hyper-sensitive culture imaginable.
Gay used to be a perfectly good word. Now look what 's been done with it. It's being used to discribe someone's sexual orientation nicely. Fuck'em!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
We all belong to a certain race and we should not be called racist if we don't like each other.
Sometimes I hate my own race he-heh. But I am not a racists hating my own race, am I?

When people understands the conversation around "racism and prejudice", fewer people gets offended by it.
That would be a self hater.

The United states of America is in America, but The U.S. by itself is not America.

But it is. Go sample a group of people and ask them to point to America on a globe or map. They're not going to reference continents. They are going to reference our country.

Im no saying that is wrong to call yourself an American, the thing is that it is not exclusively from the United States as most people think it is.

Most people would be correct. The few who believe America is a continent would be incorrect.

Thats the way its thought in most english speaking nations.

That's the way it's thought of by all rational people.

But in other Parts of the world is thought as The Americas being one continent divided in north, south and Central.

Other parts of the world can think the Earth is flat and the Moon is made of green cheese. It doesn't make it so.

If we go by definition, there would be only 4.

You can make up any definition you want. It doesn't change the fact that America is a nation and not a continent.

American is a Layman term, its easier than U.S. Citizen

Is Mexican a "layman's" term? How about Canadian?

and it is in the countries name but an American is also someone born in the Americas

Sorry but just about nobody thinks that way.

if you want to be specific, you could called them Southern, Northen or Central American. For example, if you were born in The Congo and a friend in Nigeria, you both would be African.

Because, of course, Africa is a continent while America is not.

When you look in the U.S. passport, under Nationality it says: United States of America.

What does it say when you look in a Mexican, Guatemalan, or Chilean passport under nationality?

You just prove my point by saying “wrong” to everything and going straight to the commie cliche when referring to a foreign country.

No, I refered to an individual. A Uruguayan. The insistence that America is not a country but rather two continents and a land bridge or one large continent is nothing more than a political power play. Usually promoted by leftists/communists.

This is not even about that. Is about someone from X nation thinking that they are superior to the people of Y nations just because.

No, it is some people from Y nations that have an inferiority complex and need to frame the issue in a negative light when it is not the case.

Evaluating other cultures using your own as a meter. that is something thats been going around for centuries, even before the new world was discovered.

Because it is human nature.

Countries invaded other countries because of it.

"Countries" invaded other "countries" for the purpose of natural resource control, land acquisition, enslavement, etc.

And im thinking if that is the root of racism, or thats a consequence of racism.

The root of racism is tribalism which is human nature. We should appreciate how little racism actually exists considering that fact.

And some fyi before someone gets the idea that im Teen tree huging bernie fan, I served in the U.S. Army as a 15U for some years.

I appreciate your service. We can agree to disagree. This conversation isn't personal. 🍻

• Wow
Reactions: TJ2 and Apparition
Haha, sounds exactly like something I would do. My wife would say it's because I'm an asshole and I like being the antagonist. I would say it's just my twisted sense of humor :LOL:
T
Yeah, I'm an equal opportunity asshole myself!

It's depressing to see how many folks, especially young folks, have succumb to the PC bullcrap of today.

So the wife went to the grocery store last night and when she came home she said, "The only thing I couldn't get was lettuce", and "The lady at the check out told me the Chinese restaurants buy almost all of it every morning."

The 23 yr old daughter, currently staying here to avoid Covid-19 from her apt mates etc said, "Don't worry mom, I'll go in the morning."

So far, so good.

This morning I'm checking out this forum, she comes downstairs, and my son says something about her trip to get lettuce. She responds,"Yeah, I'll go some time this morning."

I think the store opened about 1/2 an hour earlier and said, "You better go soon, you never know how many rickshaws the Chinese loaded up and pedaled away."

Daughter, "Dad! Stop saying racist things!"
Me, "In China rickshaws are everywhere and Chinese restaurants are owned by Chinese people..."
Daughter, "Stop! Just stop saying racist things!"

I would probably not mention rickshaws too loud in a Chinese restaurant. Oh, who knows, maybe I would.

Would I avoid using the term in general public? Ha! How is that even a question?

Will I use it again in this straight white American male adult's house? As long as there is a reason, definitely! Heck, I just typed it here a couple times.
You probably wont like my response--
Why the heck did you let her get like that??

Reactions: Apparition
But it is. Go sample a group of people and ask them to point to America on a globe or map. They're not going to reference continents. They are going to reference our country.

Most people would be correct. The few who believe America is a continent would be incorrect.

Other parts of the world can think the Earth is flat and the Moon is made of green cheese. It doesn't make it so.

You can make up any definition you want. It doesn't change the fact that America is a nation and not a continent.

What does it say when you look in a Mexican, Guatemalan, or Chilean passport under nationality?

No, I refered to an individual. A Uruguayan. The insistence that America is not a country but rather two continents and a land bridge or one large continent is nothing more than a political power play. Usually promoted by leftists/communists.

No, it is some people from Y nations that have an inferiority complex and need to frame the issue in a negative light when it is not the case.

"Countries" invaded other "countries" for the purpose of natural resource control, land acquisition, enslavement, etc.

The root of racism is tribalism which is human nature. We should appreciate how little racism actually exists considering that fact.

I appreciate your service. We can agree to disagree. This conversation isn't personal. 🍻
1586295213817.jpeg

Oh so true.

And many miss the fact that in our country their are 327 million people of different races, cultures and religions that generally get along!

It's depressing to see how many folks, especially young folks, have succumb to the PC bullcrap of today.
Its mostly ( not all of course ) because they have been indoctrinated with it, there "friends " live it and their parents refuse to straighten them out

If the sample Group is from Spain, Portugal, Southern America in general, they would tell you that America is a continent. It really depends country of Origin of the sampled group.The United States of America is not a continent, its a country in the continent of America. The Citizens of any part of the American Continet are as American as any North American from Canada or The United States

So only the English speaking nation would be correct? The rest of the word is wrong just because the English speaking nations said so? That is an excelent example of Ethnocentrism.

So the English speaking Nations are the only rational Nations in the world? All others are wrong just because they dont see it the same way?

And that is because the reality of the moon and the spherical Earth is outside of the human domain, the geographical definition of continets is not. So the Earth is not flat even if you Belive it is and continents can have more than one definition.
When 2 different nations cannot agree on a definition of something, who would be right, who would be wrong and why?

Well, all definitions of continent are actually made up by someone in the end for whatever reason. There are 4 ways Continents can be define and none of them are wrong or right. It really dependes on where you were born and what Language you speak/read.

Heres the link again, it explains the different variations very well. https://www.worldometers.info/geography/continents/

No, because Mexico is not a Continent, same goes with Canadians. Both Mexicans and Canadians are Americans too. In fact, the Spanish term for a U.S Citizen is Estadounidense, not Americano. In the Royal Academy of Spanish language, wich is on Spain, literally says that the Americano term should not be use to identify citizens from the United States alone, that use is incorrect in the Spanish language.

Heres a quote from the link posted earlier;

There are two variations of the six-continent model:
  • the first six-continent model (used mostly in France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Greece, and Latin America) groups together North America+South America into the single continent "America" (or "Americas").
  • the other six-continent model (mostly used in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Japan) combines together Europe + Asia into the single continent "Eurasia"

America is a continent to a bunch of others countries, so maybe to you is not, but to a lot of people it is and they are not wrong either.

Calling the United States of America, America; implies that north and south America are part of the United States. North and South America are not part of the United States, the United states is part of it, thats why its the United States OF America, not American United States.

Honestly, no idea. Never seen one. But in the U.S. one does not says American.

Asumming that they promote leftists/communist ideas is what i meant to Point out, theres a general perception that everything below the U.S. is a communist sinkhole and that is not true at all.

Has nothing to do with inferiority complex, the total opposite its a supperiority complex. Some Nations think they can do anything they want because they have a “better” culture. 1930’s Germany with Hitler is a good example of this, he thought only Aryans should walk on the planet because they thought they were better than other just because. They even came up with bogus science to try and prove it. When you have those ideas and firepower, is like throwing gas into a fire.

Empathy is also in the human nature. No culture is better than another, every culture has a reason to do the things they do in a certain way. Why the United States is a gun loving culture? Because guns gave the U.S. its freedom in 1776. Maybe another culture has no interes in firearms at all and is not “less” of a culture because of it.

True, but at some Point they had all the resources they needed and went all out just because they wanted more power, Napoleon, Hitler, The soviets just to name a few

I personally feel that Racism is not in the human nature. We are pushed to it sometime unconsciously for whatever reasons. At first money was the obvious reasons, the whole Greek, Egyptian and Roman civilizations ran on slaves, but now in democratic contries, I have no idea. little or a lot Racism is wrong.

I appreciate your service. We can agree to disagree. This conversation isn't personal.

Thanks, no prob, i dont take internet stuff personal, is not 2001 anymore lol

I have no problem Calling the U.S. Citizen Americans, because they are by definition just like a Brazilian, cuban, mexican etc., But the Country itself is Not just America, its the United States of America.

Last edited:
If you are old enough to know what rabbet ears are and were the predecessor to the current "TV Remote", you also had very little influencing beyond what your parents wanted. Your friends maybe, and they were mostly raised the way you were. Anything you saw on TV was kid safe. Unless you went to the truck stop and snuck in the magazine rack you didn't know what a female body looked like until you finger-diddled Sally in the barn that first time. Mad magazine was about the most adult thing I was allowed to look at.

Now, you can't easily control what influences your child absorbs. If they don't have a smartphone, the kid next to them on the bus does. I Googled sick beavers once - don't look at the image page. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the list goes on. The same kids that believed you when you said a fat guy with flying deer and a red suit would be sliding down a 6" x 18" flue to leave you new toys bought from Roses will believe pretty much anything. When you think about what the average Instagram "influencer" puts out, it explains a lot. I had to look up what that was - apparently that is an actual money producing job. Go figure. I do nothing but put my pretty boobs on display (nice, too, btw) and say some random shit that falls out of my head. Now kids eat laundry detergent.

Reactions: BlueFl.Wrangler
If you are old enough to know what rabbet ears are and were the predecessor to the current "TV Remote", you also had very little influencing beyond what your parents wanted. Your friends maybe, and they were mostly raised the way you were. Anything you saw on TV was kid safe. Unless you went to the truck stop and snuck in the magazine rack you didn't know what a female body looked like until you finger-diddled Sally in the barn that first time. Mad magazine was about the most adult thing I was allowed to look at.

Now, you can't easily control what influences your child absorbs. If they don't have a smartphone, the kid next to them on the bus does. I Googled sick beavers once - don't look at the image page. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the list goes on. The same kids that believed you when you said a fat guy with flying deer and a red suit would be sliding down a 6" x 18" flue to leave you new toys bought from Roses will believe pretty much anything. When you think about what the average Instagram "influencer" puts out, it explains a lot. I had to look up what that was - apparently that is an actual money producing job. Go figure. I do nothing but put my pretty boobs on display (nice, too, btw) and say some random shit that falls out of my head. Now kids eat laundry detergent.
and pierce every square inch of their head and face
horns too

You probably wont like my response--
Why the heck did you let her get like that??

That's a good question. While the wife and I started out raising her at 50% each, by this point in time the wife probably retained her 50% but HS and college stole about 40% of mine. At least I can thank God she didn't end up going to something like UCLA.

That's a good question. While the wife and I started out raising her at 50% each, by this point in time the wife probably retained her 50% but HS and college stole about 40% of mine. At least I can thank God she didn't end up going to something like UCLA.
As much as parents will parent, there are plenty of external factors that shape all of them growing up. Everything "different" can not always be blamed on parental upbringing. We have our beliefs and thoughts, the children will form their own.