Project "Frankentrailer"

The CJ tailgate should go on the back of the trailer instead of the front; I feel like you are going to wish it was back there after a while!

Or is there a plan in place for this why the CJ tailgate is on the front?

The CJ tailgate should go on the back of the trailer instead of the front; I feel like you are going to wish it was back there after a while!

Or is there a plan in place for this why the CJ tailgate is on the front?

To be honest, the CJ tailgate was an easy solution for a bulkhead in the front. As you'll see in the upcoming posts, I have plans for something in the front.

Reactions: Kyle_W
Hey, it's starting to look like a trailer now!
P1060620.JPG

P1060621.JPG

Got the trailer tagged, legal and put it to work. Notice the tonneau cover? This was the coolest part of the build for me. Lowranger gave me this tonneau cover from an Explorer Sport Trac. This thing fit the trailer like it was designed for it! It was amazing! I added some tailgate bar brackets to the TJ gate. Used a soft top tailgate bar, and some button snaps along the sides and front. Like a glove!
P1060869.JPG

vanity.jpg

Before I added the front basket, we took the trailer on a shakedown run camp trip to one of our lakes in the Mendocino National Forest(Letts Lake). This is how I found out I needed some extra tongue weight. It would waggy pretty bad at freeway speeds loaded down. Other than that, the shakedown went well.
IMG_4308.JPG

IMG_4311.JPG

IMG_4369 - Copy.JPG

The tonneau cover really came in handy keeping the dust out of our gear.
IMG_4370 - Copy.JPG

The pups had a blast!
IMG_4305 - Copy.JPG

We're not done yet jeeples! It's in primer right now, so plans to strip it down and paint it proper are in the works. Needs a bit more body work. future plans of a roof top tent may be in the works.