Project "Frankentrailer"

Are you adding a rtt? I see the base for one.

That is the plan. Just need to save up for one. They aren't cheap. I was ready to pull the trigger on one, then this happened,
1.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Reactions: Blondie70
Take the it off the frame and slap it on the rack :p

Is that the spare bedroom you tow behind the RV on family outings?

It's the in-laws living quarters when we are camping. Lol! Seriously, that was pre-RV. We sold it, then bought this,
20160915_125118.jpg

Now the Jeep gets to be toad.
20171124_145028.jpg

Franky is on the back burner now. Plan is to tear it back apart to clean up a few cosmetic things, put some proper paint on it, then get a RTT for "off grid" camping.

Are you completely remodeling the inside?

Yes ... totally! The previous owner gutted it which saved me a couple of days of nasty work and a few trips to the dump. The original interiors are mostly covered with a thin foam backed fabric that is glued to the fiberglass walls. I can't think of the actual product name off hand but it's referred to as "rat fur" . I cleaned it, filled about 30 small holes with fibreglass and painted the inside to seal it and basically cheer things up. It was ugly! I'll be firring the walls out with 3/4" wood strips, insulating it and covering them with "something" (FRP, Masonite, ... not sure yet). It has a fibreglass floor with a wood/tile covering. The wood is out and I will be replacing everything. Other than that, basically a fold out bed and storage for camping gear plus lighting of course. There will be space for basic electronics, entertainment, etc. and minimal occasional cooking (microwave & a kettle). All "real" cooking will be done outdoors.

A bit of before and preliminary after of the interior. It also has a roof that raises straight up by about 6".
18-07-16 16.JPG
18-10-10 1.JPG

18-10-10 5.JPG

Last edited:
Just read through the build thread! @bobthetj03 I remember when you started this back on the “other” forum, its what lead me to find the dinoot kit I’ve been holding out for. Such an awesome project 👍🏼