Savvy Off Road is a joke

https://www.rokmen.com/rokmen-1-body-lift.html
I can't quite tell from the pic, but it looks like 13 machined spacers. This suggests they might be doing the grill snubbers the way we like it done.

They screw up into the grill with the flat head bolt and require the retaining tab on the OEM snubber to be cut off. So you need to use glue or something to keep the snubber in the extension.

Reactions: jjvw
They screw up into the grill with the flat head bolt and require the retaining tab on the OEM snubber to be cut off. So you need to use glue or something to keep the snubber in the extension.

Ah. The glue part is kind of dumb. And fighting with a nut inside the grill sounds more miserable than that part of the job already is.

Ah. The glue part is kind of dumb.

Yup. Especially considering that both faces are flat and smooth so there's not any mechanical grip. Plus, those parts move around offroad so I can't imagine they'd survive long before loosing one.

That extra 1/4" can surely come into play when deciding on a TT. Since Savvy is out for you, most TT's on the market won't require as much clearance to the tub as the Savvy system.

Reactions: xXDavidCXx and JMT
Yup. Especially considering that both faces are flat and smooth so there's not any mechanical grip. Plus, those parts move around offroad so I can't imagine they'd survive long before loosing one.

Those snubbers aren't coming out of there. And if you were worried they could, a dab of RTV would be added insurance.

... Since Savvy is out for you, most TT's on the market won't require as much clearance to the tub as the Savvy system.

Funny how that is. Another example where it comes into play is the GR body mount kit where the goal is to remove most of the very same body lift pucks you paid good money for.

Reactions: rasband
I ordered a savvy front bumper 7 weeks ago now and still don’t have it. I finally got shipping info yesterday and it will be here Monday... super frustrating process of emailing them wondering what’s going on and getting either no response or a response that was not an answer to the question I asked. I’m just glad it’s finally in the mail...

I've personally held these. I couldn't find a way that they wouldn't fall out?

Well, mine haven't fallen out yet, but I don't know if their 1/2" BL uses the same method. I had to lube the bushings with soap/water just to get them to squeeze into the machined barrel, and I didn't add any glue.

Could you still use the Savvy skid system with these? I wonder about the crossmember.

With some modifications, yes. Either open up the body mount hole or weld the crossmember mounting tabs to the frame and loose the wrap around portion. My intention is to weld.

Reactions: rasband and Sj's TJ
Could you still use the Savvy skid system with these? I wonder about the crossmember.

While you have the welder out for the body mounts just do a quick flip on the crossmember ends.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...le-adventure-lj-story.9956/page-9#post-210070
IMG_20180810_182643.jpg

20180813_savvy-crossmember-mount.jpg