The Official Tummy Tuck FAQ Thread

InOmaha

TJ Addict
Post 287 is from an LJ owner addressing LJs specifically.

Yep, I was reading that. So I thought about adding the lower UCF transmission mount and if I have exhaust issues or driveline then deal with them as they come. Worse case I add skid spacers to drop it as a temporary solution to minimize vibrations as I come up with the parts and modifications I need to fix it permanently. If I had a regular TJ I'd toss all the parts in right away knowing I'd likely need them due to the shorter wheelbase.

I'm sure not putting a SYE on my 231 and get new driveshafts for that if I might install at 241 TC out of a Rubicon instead.

Apparition

Next stop - The Rubicon
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Yep, I was reading that. So I thought about adding the lower UCF transmission mount and if I have exhaust issues or driveline then deal with them as they come. Worse case I add skid spacers to drop it as a temporary solution to minimize vibrations as I come up with the parts and modifications I need to fix it permanently. If I had a regular TJ I'd toss all the parts in right away knowing I'd likely need them due to the shorter wheelbase.

I'm sure not putting a SYE on my 231 and get new driveshafts for that if I might install at 241 TC out of a Rubicon instead.
I had no vibration issues on my LJ at 3.5” lift. I SSSYE’d when I tucked.

Reactions: InOmaha

InOmaha

TJ Addict
If I get the 241 off a Rubicon, I'll start there. I'll get a TT but not the really raised version. I may have access to some better axles too. So I'm sort of accelerating based on other found parts.

Apparently Jeep people upgrade a lot and then clean out when the wife complains.

Apparition

Next stop - The Rubicon
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
If I get the 241 off a Rubicon, I'll start there. I'll get a TT but not the really raised version. I may have access to some better axles too. So I'm sort of accelerating based on other found parts.

Apparently Jeep people upgrade a lot and then clean out when the wife complains.
If you need wheels and 35’s I may have an option that’ll be going through Omaha in a month.

InOmaha

TJ Addict
Ohhh.

I have these. I don't like looking through my wheels to the other side. This is pre lift and looked way off to me.

20200627_101805.jpg

Post lift was a little better. But I'm just not a fan.

20200628_144345.jpg

InOmaha

TJ Addict
This thread.

1200x0.jpg

Oddly enough that was the first power plant I worked on in my career. Do you know how to stop a speeding train in 1/2 a block? A power plant combustion turbine on a heavy haul semi platform.

De fn rail.

FarFire70

TJ Enthusiast
They are in stock now...just ordered one.
I wouldn't hand out an award for speed on delivery for JB Conversion but the quality is top notch for an SS SYE.

They were in and out of stock when I was looking to hit 'buy'. When I did get a chance to buy back in Sept, it was 2-4 weeks to arrive.

Midtenn

TJ Addict
I wouldn't hand out an award for speed on delivery for JB Conversion but the quality is top notch for an SS SYE.

They were in and out of stock when I was looking to hit 'buy'. When I did get a chance to buy back in Sept, it was 2-4 weeks to arrive.

mine will be right at 2 weeks as I get it Tuesday. I called before I ordered but I think they are just selling a shit ton of these.

Reactions: FarFire70

FarFire70

TJ Enthusiast
mine will be right at 2 weeks as I get it Tuesday. I called before I ordered but I think they are just selling a shit ton of these.
I don't think the COVID related delays in international supplies and raw materials is helping either.

Not to say I know how much, if any, of the JB Conversion is from internationally sourced materials. These days I chalk up any delays to international supply or localized labor hour restrictions from COVID....

Midtenn

TJ Addict
I don't think the COVID related delays in international supplies and raw materials is helping either.

Not to say I know how much, if any, of the JB Conversion is from internationally sourced materials. These days I chalk up any delays to
international supply or localized labor hour restrictions from COVID....

maybe. I just got he impression it’s a small shop that’s being swamped with orders. I wasn’t in a hurry as I’m still deliberating on the NBL skid.

Pcleaners2

TJ Enthusiast
for the people who cut the exhaust hanger off the trans mount where the down stream cat is , where is you good place to weld another hanger ?

sometimes after wheeling the cats come a bit loose at manifold and start touching the front driveline . I think if there was a way to hold the weight with a hanger all would be well ...

Ephry73

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
for the people who cut the exhaust hanger off the trans mount where the down stream cat is , where is you good place to weld another hanger ?

sometimes after wheeling the cats come a bit loose at manifold and start touching the front driveline . I think if there was a way to hold the weight with a hanger all would be well ...
I would think supporting the weight in more spots will be beneficial. Crossmember and another spot just after the skid plate.

Ephry73

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
The

lopro mount is the equivalent of a 3/4-1" drop in most cases

TJim

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
How much more clearance would I earn buy doing a tummy tuck? roughly.

Assuming that I have no lowered my TC skid, and I want to go almost flat?

Does anyone have a measurement?

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
How much more clearance would I earn buy doing a tummy tuck? roughly.

Assuming that I have no lowered my TC skid, and I want to go almost flat?

Does anyone have a measurement?
About 2 3/4” with the Savvu MUA. My guess is about the same with the UCF Ultra High Clearance. Those are as flat as you can go without building a custom one. They bow toward the center. I love mine

TJim

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
About 2 3/4” with the Savvu MUA. My guess is about the same with the UCF Ultra High Clearance. Those are as flat as you can go without building a custom one. They bow toward the center. I love mine
That's a lot of clearance. I'm in love with the idea. It's a bit pricey though.

I think for a rig with "small" tires and SL (31" and 2.5" SL), this would be highly beneficial. Similar to 5" lift at least in the middle of the vehicle.

Although, I just installed new 31s, so it may look a little bit funny with 2.5" SL + 1.25 BL. 33s are not in the near future (Maybe in a few years).

I am going to build a custom skid and crossmember when the time comes, since product availability is awful over here. Especially on this topic. I doubt if anyone over here even knows what a TT is.

Lockers is another mod I want to, so I'm kinda between which to do first. TT or one selectable locker.