TJs In The Mountains

20170724_101618.jpg

Those CO pics are insane guys... @tworley & @jjvw I don't know how those pics are not in the RotM contest this month? I gotta drive down there and ride with you guys sometime.

] The mountains here are something to behold, that Is for sure. I really do love going out and enjoying the scenery and getting away from the chaos that I find myself in Mon-Fri.

Here are some more shots from trails over the years:)

IMG_2691.JPG

20150808_190220508_iOS.jpg

IMG_2077.JPG

20170805_142415.jpg

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2525.JPG

1.jpg

20150927_103526.jpg

20170401_182548.jpg

20170401_182548.jpg

I would be interested in doing it this fall if you can make that happen with your schedule.

When does Schofield become impassable do you know? I probably wont get out again until late Sept. Which conveniently enough is peak fall color for that area!

Reactions: MaloStapalo
When does Schofield become impassable do you know? I probably wont get out again until late Sept. Which conveniently enough is peak fall color for that area!
I've driven it as late as early September. If you are going to push the season and can't get all the way through, be sure to come in from the Marble side. That is the most scenic half and will take you past the Crystal Mill.

The "dangerous and mostly deadly trail in Colorado" part starts at the Punch Bowl headed towards Crested Butte where my piicture was taken. Very narrow, no room to pass and no fun to back up if there is snow.

FWiW, I first drove Schofield when the Jeep was stock and within the first couple months of buying it. Schofield is comparable to Mosquito.

There is no need for a buggy! ;)

Last edited:
Whereas I am the opposite, I want to go to MT and explore!
Come on up then! The possibilities are truly endless here.
You guys just have that elevation to drive in that is like no other.

It's hard to compete with the Utah crowd!
For real! I'de love to head down that way, always been somewhere i've wanted to spend some time. How far is something like Arches or Moab from where you guys are?

Come on up then! The possibilities are truly endless here.
You guys just have that elevation to drive in that is like no other.

For real! I'de love to head down that way, always been somewhere i've wanted to spend some time. How far is something like Arches or Moab from where you guys are?

I worked on a project at the Republic Services Landfill in Missoula last year for a few weeks, I was excited to go as I hadn't been in MT in a long time. Once I got there I couldnt even see half a mile in town due to the Lolo fire, I was really disappointed.

Moab isn't far, just over 5 hours (350 miles)

That section is really trippy. From the looks of it you drive straight off the face of a mountain.

Reactions: jjvw
I worked on a project at the Republic Services Landfill in Missoula last year for a few weeks, I was excited to go as I hadn't been in MT in a long time. Once I got there I couldnt even see half a mile in town due to the Lolo fire, I was really disappointed.

Moab isn't far, just over 5 hours (350 miles)
Oh yeah, the Lolo Pass area does catch fire just about every season or every other from lightning. Too bad though, its smoky AF right now here from the Glacier Park fire, that one is really not good either. When you coming back up?