Yep, airbags aren’t for rear hitches, they can unload the weight on the front axle when braking.

Airbags are for goosenecks and bed campers.
Dammit! Something else I’m doing wrong!

i run bags on my f250 diesel to keep it level when towing the Jeep on a bumper pull, and it seems to help a lot. Never noticed any strange braking. I always thought it turned the ‘250 into a ‘350, since in my year the only difference is the rear springs.

Reactions: tworley
wouldn't mind doin this to my P/U but every guy at work that's done the spacer kit has worn out their tires real quick.
most saying they don't have enough adjustment in the sys to correct it.
The toe definitely changes. Similar to jeeps though it is an easy fix by adjusting the tie rod.

I've had the adjustable torsen keys on my old silverado, and similar spacers to these on my ram pickup, I never had an issue after getting the alignment done.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Well the bags are on, plumbed and seem to hold air. Holding 50 psi. The ride is a little bit more stiff, though nothing harsh. I'll obviously drop the pressure, just seeing if they'll hold over time.
20210624_174741.jpg
20210624_174739.jpg
20210623_214832.jpg

Apparently the lenses on the mirror are just reflectors. Noticed it the other day when I caught my reflection in some glass. Why they weren't functional from factory is beyond me. $10 fix!

20210716_192110[1].jpg
20210716_191832[1].jpg

Also, the jeep has been tucked away in the garage too long. Its a balmy 93° today so thought I would take it this morning and blow the cobwebs out of it! Havent done near the amount of wheeling I've wanted to this year, only been out once locally and TJFest, between work and the mechanical issues its been a boring summer:(

20210722_092239[1].jpg

Apparently the lenses on the mirror are just reflectors. Noticed it the other day when I caught my reflection in some glass. Why they weren't functional from factory is beyond me. $10 fix!

View attachment 266842View attachment 266843

Also, the jeep has been tucked away in the garage too long. Its a balmy 93° today so thought I would take it this morning and blow the cobwebs out of it! Havent done near the amount of wheeling I've wanted to this year, only been out once locally and TJFest, between work and the mechanical issues its been a boring summer:(

View attachment 266845
It may depend on model of truck if those light up. My truck they light up but my mirrors also have sideways facing spotlights in them. Looks good with the new light.

View attachment 266842View attachment 266843

View attachment 266845
The tag line for my LJ is now..."Built to wheel, but hides in the garage!"

• Haha
It may depend on model of truck if those light up. My truck they light up but my mirrors also have sideways facing spotlights in them. Looks good with the new light.
Interesting--was not aware of that. This is just the XLT, so nothing real fancy, but it does have a few options that I have not seen other XLTs have. Like the chrome wheels and mirrors. Also has an electronic locker in the rear 🤘 Guessing it was a build to order

Last edited:
Interesting--was not aware of that. This is just the XLT, so nothing real fancy, but it does have a few options that I have not seen other XLTs have. Like the chrome wheels and mirrors. Also has an electronic locker in the rear 🤘 Guessing it was a built to order
When I had my 2013 built they offered the offroad package which added the rear locker, front skidplate and deeper gearing. Barely used the locker but I had it.

I should clarify the mirror lights I am currently talking about are on my F350 now. Although, I'm almost positive my mirrors lit up on the 2013 F150 though, it was a lariat. Different trims get different things such as the memory mirrors or heated mirrors.

saw you mention the torque box the other day ......what's up there?

Nastiness. I have been afraid to look at it lately. Fortunately, its the only spot of rust I have. I've had a replacement section sitting here for well over a year now that I haven't put on yet because I am replacing the sliders soon with a set that does not mount like these poison spider ones.

I need to get a few things sorted out. This rust area, oil pan gasket leaking at the front, front diff leaks, OBA needs attention, blinkers dont self cancel, driver door doesnt open from inside, steering box is loose and the pump whines.

20200322_162543[1].jpg

Nastiness. I have been afraid to look at it lately. Fortunately, its the only spot of rust I have. I've had a replacement section sitting here for well over a year now that I haven't put on yet because I am replacing the sliders soon with a set that does not mount like these poison spider ones.

I need to get a few things sorted out. This rust area, oil pan gasket leaking at the front, front diff leaks, OBA needs attention, blinkers dont self cancel, driver door doesnt open from inside, steering box is loose and the pump whines.

View attachment 266924
You forgot about raising your body mounts while you're at it and under there :p

View attachment 266924
looks like 1 or 2 of mine.
i got channels made for those areas, but i was still hoping to get some drive time this season and do that project over the winter.

View attachment 266924
That’s the only spot my Jeep had rust when I got it as well. I’ve replace the middle torque box mount on both sides of mine