Well known vendor question (Savvy wait times)

So I'm dealing with a similar situation with a different dealer... I've had several emails back and forth regarding a component they sell over the last month — I always received an email back within 48 hours (normally within 12), he offered to make a custom one off implementation for me, I emailed back saying that I'd be very interested and asked if he'd have time to call me.... Since then I haven't heard anything back and emailed again repeating that I'm interested and asked if there would be a good time for a call to discuss.

What is the socially appropriate time to wait before emailing again?

I know some people wait to respond until they have time to deal with a customer while others like the reminder...

I ordered JCR trail doors on 5/28. On 6/22 they said they were waiting for the latches to show up, might be another week. It's been two, still nothing. In fairness I expected it to be a while based on other members here, but I think they still got theirs inside 6 weeks. Mine will be 6 weeks tomorrow and I haven't gotten a shipping notification.

I responded Monday asking if they would be willing to ship what they have so I could at least get it painted and be ready for the latches when they show up. No response yet.

Mine have all been similar, the longest being around 3 weeks.

* GTS
* Engine Skid
* TC Skid
* CAs
* shifter cable (and replacement for a bad shipment)

As a side note... Still no stickers in any shipment!

X3. I think my longest was 1.5 weeks for the crossmember and I got a call saying it would be delayed a few weeks because they were fab'ing it up. I received it much sooner than that. My engine skid and body lift this year were shipped and delivered to me within a week.

I received all their stickers🖕:LOL:

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: rasband and J R
Haha, nope! A 1UP bike rack for the mountain bikes 👍
Good choice. 1 UP racks are by far the best racks on the planet! I have 2 setups, one with 4 trays and the other with 2. Nothing like a solid rack

IMG_1886.JPG

1 month ago put in order for bumper rub plates and tub rail. I got shipping notice for the bumper plates, still nothing on rub rails.

Good choice. 1 UP racks are by far the best racks on the planet! I have 2 setups, one with 4 trays and the other with 2. Nothing like a solid rack

View attachment 175404

I agree, very good racks! I did my research before I bought one. With all the good riding spots around here, I figured I needed a rack for the TJ.

You could have gone withe Savvy with the receiver if your just hauling bikes
Not true from what I read. Blaine commented on this in past threads. It’s not ideal for transporting bikes unless you’re not going to be going over any uneven terrain.

Not true from what I read. Blaine commented on this in past threads. It’s not ideal for transporting bikes unless you’re not going to be going over any uneven terrain.
I commented that the continually bouncing up and down with a 100lbs at the end of a 4' long lever would crack the bumper. What if you didn't let it bounce up and down with a very minor brace to the tub?

I commented that the continually bouncing up and down with a 100lbs at the end of a 4' long lever would crack the bumper. What if you didn't let it bounce up and down with a very minor brace to the tub?

I had considered that, but if I'm going off the beaten path on potentially uneven / bumpy roads, in my mind that seemed like it would cause bouncing.

I didn't think about the brace though.

I can tell you that the Covid impact on manufacturing is huge. We do 300 mil in sales at just our facility (we are global automotive), have hundreds of suppliers that give us 1000s of sub component parts and are struggling daily with part supply or our own mfg processes because A) people don’t want to work because of the $600 weekly unemployment bonus and B) turnover / bad mgmt.

@Chris - if hiring help boosts sales to offset the ~$50k price for one person (labor - benefits - insurance) then absolutely. If it doesn’t, that’s just taking 50k off their bottom line. This is the assuming that not adding help doesn’t decrease current sales due to bad business practices.