Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

G'Day all just short of a month of daily driver on my FS1 PCM and I have had zero issues. Throttle response is much better and with that the Jeep tends to use more fuel when getting on it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
G'Day all just short of a month of daily driver on my FS1 PCM and I have had zero issues. Throttle response is much better and with that the Jeep is much tends to use more fuel when getting on it!

Glad to hear that! Thanks for the update!

Reactions: MuleSknner
Not sure about this company , but they have them in stock.
https://www.fs1inc.com/jeep-ecu-ecm-pcm.html
Avoid these guys like the plague. Signed up here to prevent folks from going thru what I did. Diagnosed a bad PCM. Gave these guys a shot. Website says 1-3 business days. 21 days later.....Customer service the worst. I’m a reasonable guy but it appears that it’s set up to frustrate. Told three times pcm was gonna be sent out in 1-2 business days. Canceled order on voicemail box and disputed charge. Got a shipping notice. Told emailer I canceled order. Emailer said ignore email it was sent by mistake. Something showed up today plugged into-Jeep of course it doesn’t work. Runs for two seconds shuts down. Garbage

Long story short, Jeep wasn't shifting properly and would randomly go into limp mode. We changed the solenoids, still same problem. The mechanic suggestion a transmission rebuilt due to metal fragments found on the transmission drain pan and stated it had to be a mechanical problem with the transmission. After three transmission rebuilts covered under warranty (thank god) jeep still remained with the same problem. The codes showed on the scanner were generic P0700 codes and one referring to the solenoids (can't remember the P code) which was why we attacked the solenoids in the first place. It was then determined it must've been a issue with the TCM. I have 2005 Jeep Rubicon with 47,000 miles. Therefore, as you guys already know in the 05 and 06 TJ's the TCM was integrated with the PCM. After reading these forums I was debating from FS1 or Modules Gods. I ended up choosing FS1 because of their life time warranty and price. They had my module (56044543AE) on sale for 675. Shipping was great, I currently live in Puerto Rico and it arrived here in 5 days (holiday weekend) so I can't complain. Costumer service, with the exception of one representative I spoke with was great. After receiving the module, I plugged it in and let the jeep run for about 15 minutes. So far I'm 150 something miles in and the transmission and everything seems to be working great with the exception of one thing. My check engine light isn't on when the car is running however when I open the switch the check engine light stays on. I switch the switch off and on three times to get a reading and the following codes came out. P0688 (ASD RELAY SENSE CIRCUIT LOW) and P0516 (BATTERY TEMPERATURE SENSOR LOW). I don't know much about cars, all I know is what I learned through out this amazing process with my beloved jeep. =P Any suggestions on what the problem can be causing these codes?

Has anybody found a good reliable shop to rebuild the ECM? I bought one from Flagship one they claim its a lifetime warranty. well I am having problems with my ECM for the second time and its just a hassle trying to get them to answer emails or phone calls, even when they answer I can't get a return label so that it can be replaced. Do you all know of where to re-build my original ECM?

Has anybody found a good reliable shop to rebuild the ECM? I bought one from Flagship one they claim its a lifetime warranty. well I am having problems with my ECM for the second time and its just a hassle trying to get them to answer emails or phone calls, even when they answer I can't get a return label so that it can be replaced. Do you all know of where to re-build my original ECM?
robsam, I purchased my replacement PCM from ModuleGods back in Oct 18. Week turn around and has been flawless. Approaching 4500 miles. Talk to Kasey tell him LafitteJeep sent you

Avoid these guys like the plague. Signed up here to prevent folks from going thru what I did. Diagnosed a bad PCM. Gave these guys a shot. Website says 1-3 business days. 21 days later.....Customer service the worst. I’m a reasonable guy but it appears that it’s set up to frustrate. Told three times pcm was gonna be sent out in 1-2 business days. Canceled order on voicemail box and disputed charge. Got a shipping notice. Told emailer I canceled order. Emailer said ignore email it was sent by mistake. Something showed up today plugged into-Jeep of course it doesn’t work. Runs for two seconds shuts down. Garbage
Purchased mine for ModuleGods back in Oct18. running flawless approaching 4500 miles

Last edited:
Asking for a friend; who wonders, since he never had this problem, how you know a PCM is bad?
You wont know until it happens, Signs are hard to read and could also point to many things like wire damage, faulty relays, bad battery, fuel pump, crank shaft sensor and cam position sensor. Mostly 05-06 4.0 automatics. Mostly with not throwing any codes. Most popular is the hard shifting between 1st and 2nd gears. Engine shut down, false high temp reading from tranny, not able to get out of limp mode. I threw parts at it, fuel pump, crank shaft and cam sensors. Brought it to a mechanic scanned weird high temps in tranny which sent me to a tranny shop and they changed filter and check tranny and they sent me to the Jeep Dealership cause they believed it was the PCM. Dealership said the PCM was the problem. Dealership said wait was months down the line. I found ModuleGods online. Service was great week later new PCM. Installed , started right up and never looked back.

Reactions: Chris and Shatto
You wont know until it happens, Signs are hard to read and could also point to many things like wire damage, faulty relays, bad battery, fuel pump, crank shaft sensor and cam position sensor. Mostly 05-06 4.0 automatics. Mostly with not throwing any codes. Most popular is the hard shifting between 1st and 2nd gears. Engine shut down, false high temp reading from tranny, not able to get out of limp mode. I threw parts at it, fuel pump, crank shaft and cam sensors. Brought it to a mechanic scanned weird high temps in tranny which sent me to a tranny shop and they changed filter and check tranny and they sent me to the Jeep Dealership cause they believed it was the PCM. Dealership said the PCM was the problem. Dealership said wait was months down the line. I found ModuleGods online. Service was great week later new PCM. Installed , started right up and never looked back.

I learned about Real Mechanic Scan Tools when I dropped by and asked my mechanic if something was wrong with my Tundra. He said; "You've been driving without you're seatbelt." I explained I backed out of the driveway then as I was turning onto the road I buckled up. This was in a distance of a couple hundred feet and could have caused problems had I been in a accident. Anyway, there was no problem except with my butt dynamometer

First, hello all. First time poster here. Excited to learn from you guys.

2000 Wrangler Sport 4.0 140k - Ok, so I got the dreaded "check gauges" light. Battery dying. No other CELs. Long story short, alternator is not charging. No other problems.

Alternator bench tested good, continuity on all wires good, grounds good, fuses good, batt temp sensor good, fusible link good, brand new battery, etc. So all that was left is PCM internal regulator must be bad.

I sent off my PCM to G7 and they returned with, "Computer is unable to be repaired. Pin-out test was performed and was determined that the damage is too extensive for repair, as the fault was traced back to the main chip which cannot be repaired or replaced."

So, any advice from you guys on what to do next? Replace with reman unit from FS1 or ModuleGods?

Think this would fix my problem? If so, which place? I see FS1 has theirs for $179.99 and ModuleGods doesn't have a price listed.

Thanks for any and all ideas guys. I'm fairly new to the Jeep world and I'm at my wits end on what to do now. Ready to get this thing back on the road for Spring and doing a small build.

First, hello all. First time poster here. Excited to learn from you guys.

2000 Wrangler Sport 4.0 140k - Ok, so I got the dreaded "check gauges" light. Battery dying. No other CELs. Long story short, alternator is not charging. No other problems.

Alternator bench tested good, continuity on all wires good, grounds good, fuses good, batt temp sensor good, fusible link good, brand new battery, etc. So all that was left is PCM internal regulator must be bad.

I sent off my PCM to G7 and they returned with, "Computer is unable to be repaired. Pin-out test was performed and was determined that the damage is too extensive for repair, as the fault was traced back to the main chip which cannot be repaired or replaced."

So, any advice from you guys on what to do next? Replace with reman unit from FS1 or ModuleGods?

Think this would fix my problem? If so, which place? I see FS1 has theirs for $179.99 and ModuleGods doesn't have a price listed.

Thanks for any and all ideas guys. I'm fairly new to the Jeep world and I'm at my wits end on what to do now. Ready to get this thing back on the road for Spring and doing a small build.

You'll need to get a replacement PCM.

FS1 sells them for around $1000 I believe, which is the going rate for a replacement PCM.