Wizard Recovery Gear

I'm in line.

One of the first things I ever learned about owning and modding a Jeep was to invest in good recovery gear FIRST. A stock Jeep is far more capable than most people think. You can get out there to most places in the world without much fuss or mods etc... Until you can't. Then recovery gear enters the chat. I want to invest in the good stuff while I can because we are all seeing supply chains disappear left and right.

I realized last trip I need some soft shackles I can shove in my seat pockets. My new PRP seats will have goggle pockets, good way to keep them handy. I run steel shackles on my bumper because the loop has a sharp lip, I leave them finger tight. Can never get them loose when I need them without a tool.

I will be ordering a pair at minimum.

Reactions: Irun
Yup. I have black trailer tie downs that I regret because they're difficult to see and difficult to audit. Everything I've bought since is bright and ugly. Only exception is my winch line because I can't stand daily driving with such an ugly winch line.

I've got an orange line from TRE ready to install. Now I don't know what rig will get it.

I realized last trip I need some soft shackles I can shove in my seat pockets. My new PRP seats will have goggle pockets, good way to keep them handy. I run steel shackles on my bumper because the loop has a sharp lip, I leave them finger tight. Can never get them loose when I need them without a tool.

I will be ordering a pair at minimum.

Lots of places to put them, but I keep a set tucked up on each side of the roll bar. I run them down (top picture) on the trail and up (bottom picture) when daily driving the Jeep. I always know where they are! ;)

20220619_140005-jpg.338036

20220619_140034-jpg.338037

Black Magic Skirts.

There'd be at least one customer on the forum!

NOW you're talking! Seriously, looking forward to the new product line - I'm thinking I want the hawse at the very least to replace the black one that turned coffee brown in the Florida sun. As far as soft shackles go, the brighter the better - will they have sequins?

NOW you're talking! Seriously, looking forward to the new product line - I'm thinking I want the hawse at the very least to replace the black one that turned coffee brown in the Florida sun. As far as soft shackles go, the brighter the better - will they have sequins?

No sequins...too much of a cut hazard if they were to break and fly at someone.

Reactions: Zorba and PRNDL
the soft shackles i carry now are the only thing that color in or on my rig,, on purpose.

i'd likely be down for another set to have handy.