6.1 LJR Build

Try it now. Had to trim it down a little.
200.gif

Sounds good man. Stoked for you!

Any updates.??

Also wanted to know if you could get a few pictures of your remote oil filter mount where and how it's mounted. Somewhat limited on the space under the motor for sure.
Thanks in advance...

Reactions: Wildman
Any updates.??

Also wanted to know if you could get a few pictures of your remote oil filter mount where and how it's mounted. Somewhat limited on the space under the motor for sure.
Thanks in advance...
Loaded back up and hitting the road at 8am to get tuned. The plan at this point is to get dropped off and drive it home. I’ll get some pictures of the oil filter mount for you.

0B895A09-A4ED-4271-8DDE-0E5CAF2B8C32.jpeg

Loaded back up and hitting the road at 8am to get tuned. The plan at this point is to get dropped off and drive it home. I’ll get some pictures of the oil filter mount for you.

View attachment 409390

Why bother tuning a completely stock LJ?

🙂

Awesome sleeper, Dude, awesome sleeper.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Daubie3
Plenty of toys and project at Injected Engineering. Top notch facility and they know their stuff. The 392 on the dyno got headers from Rocksolid Motorsports where my swap was done. The Mach 1 is a customer of ours and just got a color matched Whipple. One of the best looking and cleanest Mustangs around. The headlights are a custom set from a good buddy at THC Concepts. Hands down…best looking headlights I’ve ever seen. Ran a little behind this morning so I got bumped in line but should be next up.

image.jpg

E559B71C-C7E4-4528-9DAD-645322A57BD3.jpeg

368B3882-2ED1-4BAD-83AB-4811C913512D.jpeg

990027B6-5821-4BC2-B487-62BE9186EB4B.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing yours on the dyno.... Someday mine might actually make it to one.

Your rig looks great & unless you knew what was under the hood you'd never suspect that it's not a stock Jeep.

Awesome looking S'tang too.

Reactions: Gassiper
Be sure to get a video of at least one pull on the dyno. Looking forward to seeing it, and the results.
356/377. Was hoping for closer to 400 but after the drive home and even in the pouring rain, I don’t care at all!!! It feels great going down the interstate at 70 turning about 2300 and still having tons of pedal left. He really didn’t have to do too much on the dyno. The tune in it was used for an automatic they had just finished up. So when you put the clutch in, the RPMs would either hold or climb really quickly. Once he changed that he didn’t have much else to do. Just make sure everything looked good across the board and it did. It does still hold for just about a second at the RPM you put the clutch in, but I don’t mind it. The AX15 will take some getting used to for sure. Caught myself more than once about to change to 6th gear. But cruising at 70 in 5th and rolling into it feels great. I’ll put a few hundred miles on everything before I start getting into it too hard. The only thing I’ll need to address sooner rather than later it the exhaust. It’s a little “drony” inside. 3.5 inch single exit with no cat. First thing I’ll try is a high flow cat but I don’t think it’ll help much if any. I’ll try a couple different mufflers and see what works best. We’ve got a Valvtronics muffler at the shop I may try just so I can flip over to open headers if I ever wanted to. But all in all it’s way better than I could have hoped for.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.MOV
    27.1 MB
356/377. Was hoping for closer to 400 but after the drive home and even in the pouring rain, I don’t care at all!!! It feels great going down the interstate at 70 turning about 2300 and still having tons of pedal left. He really didn’t have to do too much on the dyno. The tune in it was used for an automatic they had just finished up. So when you put the clutch in, the RPMs would either hold or climb really quickly. Once he changed that he didn’t have much else to do. Just make sure everything looked good across the board and it did. It does still hold for just about a second at the RPM you put the clutch in, but I don’t mind it. The AX15 will take some getting used to for sure. Caught myself more than once about to change to 6th gear. But cruising at 70 in 5th and rolling into it feels great. I’ll put a few hundred miles on everything before I start getting into it too hard. The only thing I’ll need to address sooner rather than later it the exhaust. It’s a little “drony” inside. 3.5 inch single exit with no cat. First thing I’ll try is a high flow cat but I don’t think it’ll help much if any. I’ll try a couple different mufflers and see what works best. We’ve got a Valvtronics muffler at the shop I may try just so I can flip over to open headers if I ever wanted to. But all in all it’s way better than I could have hoped for.

Really nice.!!
Nearly impossible to describe the difference between before and after, isn't it..?? It's almost like mind overload. I really do laugh every time I stand on it, between the crazy acceleration and the beastly sound. After driving so many of these for so long and knowing exactly how they drive.
Like you said, the old "Keister Dyno" says it's at least 3 times the power now..🙂🙂🙂!!! (And those never lie)
That first tank of go juice seems to evaporate very quickly. I don't really know what caused that, maybe I left the gas cap off.. 🤔🤔

Really nice.!!
Nearly impossible to describe the difference between before and after, isn't it..?? It's almost like mind overload. I really do laugh every time I stand on it, between the crazy acceleration and the beastly sound. After driving so many of these for so long and knowing exactly how they drive.
Like you said, the old "Keister Dyno" says it's at least 3 times the power now..🙂🙂🙂!!! (And those never lie)
That first tank of go juice seems to evaporate very quickly. I don't really know what caused that, maybe I left the gas cap off.. 🤔🤔

For sure. I tried to take it easy with the rain but I know I’ve burned more gas than normal

Another day of “taking it easy” miles just to make sure everything is working correctly. Seems funny to say when yesterday it was run up to 120+ on the dyno. Anyway, other than adding a high flow cat, the only thing I’ll need to address is the thermostat. Someone may have mentioned it earlier but I’ll need to change to a 180. Right now it’s a 210 I believe and we’ve got the controller on the fan turned wide open so the fan pretty much never shuts off. We’ll make the change next week and that should fix the problem. Other than that, just trying to figure out some characteristics of this setup and remembering 6th gear doesn’t exist anymore.

Reactions: Daubie3 and Wildman