Basket's Build

Yeah I know the ground is important to keep from getting a crappy buzz so I'm not trying to half ass it. I managed to get one of those T connectors through the strap so I'm trying that right now

Remember it had a stud that screwed into the back but was stripped so I didn't send it with the radio.

20220327_142729.jpg

Oh yesss everything is working right no buzz from bad ground we are in the mix

Awesome. How does it sound? Still the stock speakers right? Are you going to run just the stereo or wire in the amp now too?

EDIT: Did you figure out how the face plate slips on and how to take it back off? Since I never took it off before I didn't figure it out until I was getting it ready to ship to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: lBasket
Awesome. How does it sound? Still the stock speakers right? Are you going to run just the stereo or wire in the amp now too?

EDIT: Did you figure out how the face plate slips on and how to take it back off? Since I never took it off before I didn't figure it out until I was getting it ready to ship to you.
It sounds way better than I expected with the stock speakers! I'm really stoked. Significantly better than my little Bluetooth thing.

I'm probably going to wait until new speakers get in to bother with the amp, I feel like it won't do much to make the stock ones sound much better. I have a lot of other stuff I need to get done for TJ fest otherwise I'd probably just go for it now. Where did you have the amp mounted? I'm hoping I can fit it under the driver seat.

And yeah I did figure out how to remove it, it slides out after opening it to access the CD slot.

Reactions: Wildman
It sounds way better than I expected with the stock speakers! I'm really stoked. Significantly better than my little Bluetooth thing.

I'm probably going to wait until new speakers get in to bother with the amp, I feel like it won't do much to make the stock ones sound much better. I have a lot of other stuff I need to get done for TJ fest otherwise I'd probably just go for it now. Where did you have the amp mounted? I'm hoping I can fit it under the driver seat.

And yeah I did figure out how to remove it, it slides out after opening it to access the CD slot.

I had it mounted in the Tuffy under seat drawer I have. Right now I am planning on going to a larger Tuffy drawer but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I need to get some self tappers to mount the aux port and finish up completely but it looks good. Nice to finally get some creature comforts lol

View attachment 320152

WOW that looks really good in there. I'm glad it worked out for you and I was happy to pass on the stereo.

I had it mounted in the Tuffy under seat drawer I have. Right now I am planning on going to a larger Tuffy drawer but I haven't gotten that far yet.
Cool, then I probably won't have much trouble getting it down there by itself
WOW that looks really good in there. I'm glad it worked out for you and I was happy to pass on the stereo.
Thanks yeah it really does. I like the black on white it's cool. I'm really excited to take it for a drive

Cool, then I probably won't have much trouble getting it down there by itself
This was one of the back seat drawers not the little ones for under the front seats.

20211117_115541.jpg

20211117_115549.jpg

IMG_3505.JPG

Thanks yeah it really does. I like the black on white it's cool. I'm really excited to take it for a drive

I'm glad you like it. Need a video of how it sounds.

Ohh yeah I read that wrong that's not what I was thinking. I'll see if I can cram it down there tomorrow, I can also try getting a video of it

I really have no clue if it'll fit or not but hey it's marine grade so it can get a little wet.... We have river crossings up here where I have water to the bottom of my seat sometimes.

Got the engine skid in today. Getting exhaust interference with it on the higher clearance holes to the struts so I might want to figure that out eventually.
1649025457809.png

I see some people paint theirs... I can't even be bothered to remove the packing tape residue lol. It's just a skid plate anyways and won't rust.

Waiting on some food and then I'll probably finish the radio install and then I think I'll start cycling the rear suspension.

I think I might have bought the wrong front track bar... I got the JKSOG125, I have 2.5" of lift. Anyone made that work with a similar lift or should I just go ahead and order the other one so I can be sure it's here in time for Moab?
1649025575824.png

Got the engine skid in today. Getting exhaust interference with it on the higher clearance holes to the struts so I might want to figure that out eventually.
View attachment 320435
I see some people paint theirs... I can't even be bothered to remove the packing tape residue lol. It's just a skid plate anyways and won't rust.

Waiting on some food and then I'll probably finish the radio install and then I think I'll start cycling the rear suspension.

I think I might have bought the wrong front track bar... I got the JKSOG125, I have 2.5" of lift. Anyone made that work with a similar lift or should I just go ahead and order the other one so I can be sure it's here in time for Moab?
View attachment 320436
I ran the 126 on my 2" lift and 4", eventually swapped it for a Currie but it was a fine choice. I don't know how close the 125 is, but it might be as simple as chopping off some of the bar like we did on my rear Currie during my outboard. I think one of @JMT 's boys is running my previous JKS126 and could probably measure it.

I ran the 126 on my 2" lift and 4", eventually swapped it for a Currie but it was a fine choice. I don't know how close the 125 is, but it might be as simple as chopping off some of the bar like we did on my rear Currie during my outboard. I think one of @JMT 's boys is running my previous JKS126 and could probably measure it.
What part of it do you cut down?

Starting to think I should just buy the 126 and return the 125 when it gets here

The JKS126 is going on the Rubicon since it will have a 4” SL and the Sport only has 2.5”. I’m always Leary of changing from the OEM TB for bumpstop purposes. The rear JKS TB is on the Sport. I can measure the 126 if someone wants.