Bestop price increases

I had the Trektop on my JK and just ordered one for the TJ. There were two straps that wrapped around the sound bar to keep the top secure when the sunrider is flipped back and everything else is out. Took a few extra minutes to undo. The upside of having multiple configurations, no frame to contend with when fully folder back and ease of taking it completely off made that extra two straps a non-issue.

I removed the sticker as well.. then put one of those stick-figure family stickers over the old spot.. Couldn't tell the old sticker was ever there
If my top is usually either up w/ the windows on or fully down do you believe the roll back version would be better or inferior to the trektop

If my top is usually either up w/ the windows on or fully down do you believe the roll back version would be better or inferior to the trektop
When full down the Trektop takes up much less space since there is no hoop system to add volume. Truth told, once down you might as well take it off fully. It's 99% of the way there
I think had something that said... My Stick Figure Family ate your Stick Figure Family..

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
The logo was on my son's new top which unfortunately was totalled not long after installing it. On his new to him TJ we went with a Smittybuilt and the top seems to fit much better than the Bestop ever did, plus the only logo is ona fabric tag that can be tucked under the flap of the roof portion.

I love my new Bestop Twill and would pay the extra $170 for the way it fits.
However, if I drove a Bronco with their top I'd be highly pissed with the way the back windows sag like an old mans ball sack!
What gives Bestop? You definitely dropped the ball on theirs (Bronco) so let's fix that.

I love my new Bestop Twill and would pay the extra $170 for the way it fits.
However, if I drove a Bronco with their top I'd be highly pissed with the way the back windows sag like an old mans ball sack!
What gives Bestop? You definitely dropped the ball on theirs (Bronco) so let's fix that.
Would you mind sending photos of your twill top? Curious what it actually looks like so I can see if it would align with my Jeep’s theme.

Would you mind sending photos of your twill top? Curious what it actually looks like so I can see if it would align with my Jeep’s theme.
IMG_1662.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG

My neighbor had an issue with a seam on his Bestop top. Quadratec sent him a new top (minus the windows) and told him to keep the old top. I've never found a good alternative to Bestop.

p.s. @williambmac had issues with his Mastertop twill LJ tops.

My take on all this shit. The Mastertop Twill for my LJ fit 10X's better and looked a lot nicer than my Trektop. The problem was that is was noisy A/F on the highway. So.... after 3 attempts/exchanges with QT, I exchanged it for a Trektop.

The Trektop fit like shit and leaked water right above my drivers door. The rear window had a huge wrinkle along the top of it.
The side windows were loose and would pull out of the tub channel.
I contacted BT customer service (Shawna) and sent pics of everything. Shawna was great to deal with, and sent me out a new replacement top.
That was in November/December 2021, so i didn't have a chance to install the replacement due to cold weather.
This past Friday it was 73 degrees and sunny so out came the new top. I let it bake in the sun for a while and installed it.
Unfortunately the fit is about the same, loose on the sides and tight/wrinkles across the back window.

If I could do it all over again, I would just keep the Mastertop and come up with some type of solution to cut down on the flapping.
I like the look of the twill.

On a side note, my brother installed a Trektop on his 2013 JK years ago that fit perfect. He just replaced it due to age/dry rotting, and it fits like shit.

Since my top is now leaking, if the sealant doesn't work, I will be buying a cheap Sierra Offroad top for under $300. At that price I can't bitch too much if it isn't perfect. :)

Got an email recently with some savings for their latest tops.
View attachment 317454

Here's where the link lands...
https://www.bestop.com/best/?utm_so...cFHTfKc1Wd3PksbgPPebLxR2ntmtWWWrfNBo4=.RFDHuG

This is good info.

But, right now I’m more concerned with recent bad reviews than I am of the price increases (because they are too expensive either way if their quality isn’t what it used to be).

For me, it’s too expensive of a gamble when I know I can buy a crappy top for $250. :(

This is good info.

But, right now I’m more concerned with recent bad reviews than I am of the price increases (because they are too expensive either way if their quality isn’t what it used to be).

For me, it’s too expensive of a gamble when I know I can buy a crappy top for $250. :(
The quality is the same, you've been reading about people trying to put it on cold and not heated to the correct temperature too.

Reactions: MikeE024
I've been happy with the quality of my Supertop NX, but I would've gladly paid a little bit more if there was an option for it to come without that giant stupid reflective logo on the back.

Reactions: WestCoastDan
I've been happy with the quality of my Supertop NX, but I would've gladly paid a little bit more if there was an option for it to come without that giant stupid reflective logo on the back.

Uuuugh!!! I'm currently going through this decision on a new top and the reflective logo is almost enough to keep me away from purchasing a BestTop all together but there's no competition that's even close to the quality of BT.

Picked up a new header channel and safari top for $150. My old one has seen far better days and is torn in multiple areas, the header channel bent and most of the straps have weathered away to almost nothing.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Uuuugh!!! I'm currently going through this decision on a new top and the reflective logo is almost enough to keep me away from purchasing a BestTop all together but there's no competition that's even close to the quality of BT.
Have you looked at Mastertop? The reviews i find are good. It uses an OE style header bar (not the Rampage style) and a wee bit less expensive. Understated logo on the driver side behind the door. I had ordered the Twill Skytop (like the Trektop NX) and cancelled order only because my current top is still in good condition and I want to put the money elsewhere in the build.

Another option, though a long shot... I've had some good luck with the Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric paint. Wonder if you can carefully mask and paint over the Bestop logo. Or find a less obnoxious vinyl decal to put of Bestops reflective logo.. just a thought.

there's no competition that's even close to the quality of BT.
I thought that until a few weeks ago. My new top is way quieter then my Bestop, no flapping at all (75 mph) and no logo. Best part was the $269 price tag.
p.s. The small creases are out of the windows now.

Sierra Offroad now offers the heaviest vinyl on the market for the Wrangler TJ. TRILOGY Acoustic Vinyl is a 45 ounce heavy weight two ply composite designed to reduce noise at highway speeds.​

Sierra top new.jpg

I thought that until a few weeks ago. My new top is way quieter then my Bestop, no flapping at all (75 mph) and no logo. Best part was the $269 price tag.
p.s. The small creases are out of the windows now.

Sierra Offroad now offers the heaviest vinyl on the market for the Wrangler TJ. TRILOGY Acoustic Vinyl is a 45 ounce heavy weight two ply composite designed to reduce noise at highway speeds.​

View attachment 322879
I don't see any offerings for us longer guys

View attachment 322879
Is that not 5 oz above normal best top?
I got my 40 0z more expensive Rampage "sailcloth" bowless top and its the exact same material as my cheap ass Rampage Bikini and deck cover lol

Is that not 5 oz above normal best top?
I got my 40 0z more expensive Rampage "sailcloth" bowless top and its the exact same material as my cheap ass Rampage Bikini and deck cover lol
Bestop sailcloth RAT
  • Color: Black Diamond
  • Hardware Type: Factory OEM Hardware
  • Door Configuration: Without Doors
  • Fabric: Sailcloth (28-30oz)

Bestop sailcloth RAT
  • Color: Black Diamond
  • Hardware Type: Factory OEM Hardware
  • Door Configuration: Without Doors
  • Fabric: Sailcloth (28-30oz)
In my case I think Rampage is just lying but its good to know about the sierra off road tops as it seems to fit well! Did it have the plastic strengthened corner pieces the OME had?