Duroflex vs Johnny Joints...again

I just put on the MC option and for my use they work well. If I wanted an extreme off-roader with huge tires and lots of travel I would go with the JJ option.

I just put on the MC option and for my use they work well. If I wanted an extreme off-roader with huge tires and lots of travel I would go with the JJ option.
I will argue that JJs are also the better option for the street for the reasons already listed.

Reactions: D M
Out of curiousity, what do you view as the difference as to why you chose them? Price is pretty close so I’m curious what motivates folks one way vs the other (especially when they recommend the other).

Before Greg gets mad, I have no vested interest in what you run or buy - I just like information.

Junk. Coming from someone who recently installed 16 new ends and has gone thru various centering yokes in the last couple of years
20210801_134134.jpg

20210508_145056.jpg

Last edited:
JJ's are solid... tried and true.

There are some quirks to a JJ
Quirks? What quirks, exactly? In close to 12 years with my JJs with zero issues or maintenance required I've yet to discover any quirks. They have been 100% free of any issues, problems or quirks.

Junk. Coming from someone who recently installed 16 new ends and has gone thru various centering yokes in the last couple of years
View attachment 274634View attachment 274635

View attachment 274632

View attachment 274633
As a comparison as someone that just serviced the 20 JJs on my rig: I just had to pop them off and grease them. Cost me only a little time and grease, but the only thing I could complain about was they got creaky (how I knew it was time). After opening them I found them to have no noticeable wear.

And again to preempt a Midwesterner, they do have pretty useless zerks. If you’ve ever brought a consumer product to market you’d understand why they are there, even if they’re useless.

• Haha
Reactions: Farmergreg
As far as the hex versus round arms. It’s really a non-issue…

I bought all 8 Savvy double-adjustable control arms. I installed them and adjusted my front and rear pinion angles by hand...

No tools needed as long as everything is prepped properly. I took off each JJ and added a more uniform coating of anti-seize on the threads…

Just assuring that the hex bar is truly not needed…

Reactions: rasband
I've had both, currently have the MC joints. I would say in my limited experience JJ's are better. Will be replacing my ends with JJ when I stretch and do tons. FWIW.