California Dusy Ershim Run 2022

Dusy dates. What do you prefer? We will plan it around one of these weekends.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Add one to the trip.
I’m still planning on attending and my big bro is making plans to drive up from AZ to get some CA wheeling done.

Also, because this thread, I to now belong to the refrigerator/freezer club 😆. It never ends…

Scott

• Haha
Reactions: U8MYDZT
Add one to the trip.
I’m still planning on attending and my big bro is making plans to drive up from AZ to get some CA wheeling done.

Also, because this thread, I to now belong to the refrigerator/freezer club 😆. It never ends…

Scott

Thought I would jump on the forum and get the details of the trip. I will be trailering my Jeep over so not sure if anyone knows if there are places near the start that allow truck and trailer parking. If it's too much trouble I just may drive to Scott's house and drive the Jeep up from there.

Really looking forward to some California high country wheeling. Looks like a beautiful area. If you are looking for more rigs to join in I can invite some folks from AZ and see if they are interested.

Benny

Thought I would jump on the forum and get the details of the trip. I will be trailering my Jeep over so not sure if anyone knows if there are places near the start that allow truck and trailer parking. If it's too much trouble I just may drive to Scott's house and drive the Jeep up from there.

Really looking forward to some California high country wheeling. Looks like a beautiful area. If you are looking for more rigs to join in I can invite some folks from AZ and see if they are interested.

Benny

Fantastic, I will add you to the list! Also, I don't think our group is going to be very large so an extra rig or so shouldn't be a problem. As for parking I believe the closet place to park a trailer is in Shaver Lake. I will be staying in Shaver Lake the night of the 17th and the 22nd.

@Fish Family JKU Welcome to the frozen club! Which one did you get?

Fantastic, I will add you to the list! Also, I don't think our group is going to be very large so an extra rig or so shouldn't be a problem. As for parking I believe the closet place to park a trailer is in Shaver Lake. I will be staying in Shaver Lake the night of the 17th and the 22nd.

Are you camping at Shaver Lake? Assuming it has a truck and trailer parking area for boats. That would be a good option for me too. If there are reservation that need to be made to camp there I would love to have the info.

Thanks,
Benny.

Ended up with a NewAir 48qt. It was on sale on Walmart for $400.
EA19CBD9-A431-485C-82C0-BD6A9D1D5D46.jpeg
Waiting on the wiring kit to button it all up.

Are you camping at Shaver Lake? Assuming it has a truck and trailer parking area for boats. That would be a good option for me too. If there are reservation that need to be made to camp there I would love to have the info.

Thanks,
Benny.

I am not 100% what the trailer parking rules are at Shaver Lake, but I did find this https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/dusy-ershim-and-trailer-rigs.2088993/ There is a lot of camping in the Shaver Lake area but I plan on getting a room to relax after the long drive there and the crazy trail run.

I booked a tent site at the Wishon Village RV Park for the 17th and 22nd. They also have a dry storage there I can put my truck and trailer in. It's $5 a day for storage but worth it so I don't stress over my truck and trailer sitting a parking area somewhere.

Awesomeness!! I have a room at the hotel in town on the 17th and 22nd. If we are all around the night of the 17th we should get together for a drink! 🍻
I am getting super excited about the Dusy. Got myself a cheap ass GMRS for now until I can get my Ham license. Picked up a little power station for my fridge. Replaced my AC line so I dont cook with my top on. And have gone over every damn thing I can think of on the Jeep to make sure shes ready.

Awesomeness!! I have a room at the hotel in town on the 17th and 22nd. If we are all around the night of the 17th we should get together for a drink! 🍻
I am getting super excited about the Dusy. Got myself a cheap ass GMRS for now until I can get my Ham license. Picked up a little power station for my fridge. Replaced my AC line so I dont cook with my top on. And have gone over every damn thing I can think of on the Jeep to make sure shes ready.

Love to meet up the night before depending what time get in. It's about a 13 hour drive for me to the campsite. I plan on leaving at the butt crack of dawn on the 17th. My girl is getting some new shoes and rock sliders for this trip. My old sliders were the Rock Slide Engineering steps and they are beat to death. Getting a strong set from Letzroll Offroad and they will be welded to the frame. I have new 37" BFG KM3's in the garage, now I just need to get them on the beadlocks, UGH!!

I have all the radios (HAM, GMRS, CB). What channel do you want to use on the GMRS?

Love to meet up the night before depending what time get in. It's about a 13 hour drive for me to the campsite. I plan on leaving at the butt crack of dawn on the 17th. My girl is getting some new shoes and rock sliders for this trip. My old sliders were the Rock Slide Engineering steps and they are beat to death. Getting a strong set from Letzroll Offroad and they will be welded to the frame. I have new 37" BFG KM3's in the garage, now I just need to get them on the beadlocks, UGH!!

I have all the radios (HAM, GMRS, CB). What channel do you want to use on the GMRS?

Wow, yeah 13 hrs is a hell of a drive. I will keep a beer on Ice for you! Lol. Definitely gonna get some use outa those new rock sliders, and 37's should be beast! I have the KM3s in a 35 and they're a fantastic tire. They have fantastic offroad grip and are really well behaved on the pavement. They're actually pretty damn quite too for a big knobby tire.
As for the channel and squelch I have no idea, literally just got my radio today.. lol

Called into the Ranger Station. Wanted to see if a wilderness pass is "required" since the trail straddles two areas, he confirmed not necessary. He was however very adamant on fire restrictions. No Campfires except for propane fire pits. Guess I need to make room for a 20lb tank and fire pit:oops:

Well channel 1 is frequency 462.56250. As long as we pick a tone squelch, we won't hear other chatter. Most of the radios use the same menu. Menu option 11 is receiving tone, 13 is transmitting tone. For those not familiar with programming, press menu, then "11" to access the receiving function, then menu again to select that function to change, then enter the tone squelch we agree on (82.5 for example), then menu again to confirm, then exit out. Same process for transmit on function 13. Still waiting on my wife's hospital schedule to post for that time period, so I might be a day behind, but I'll catch up.

Well channel 1 is frequency 462.56250. As long as we pick a tone squelch, we won't hear other chatter. Most of the radios use the same menu. Menu option 11 is receiving tone, 13 is transmitting tone. For those not familiar with programming, press menu, then "11" to access the receiving function, then menu again to select that function to change, then enter the tone squelch we agree on (82.5 for example), then menu again to confirm, then exit out. Same process for transmit on function 13. Still waiting on my wife's hospital schedule to post for that time period, so I might be a day behind, but I'll catch up.
That works for me, i know 0 about the whole radio thing so I will follow your lead. If you do end up a day behind im sure we can find a way to meet up.